±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 36006
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 118

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

How to know exact hour & minute you visited a website?

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

williamsonn

How to know exact hour & minute you visited a website?

Post Posted: Apr 07, 13 17:11

hello

I have tried a few websites before making this question here but no resukts.

On Windows 7, I am trying to see the exact time(hour and minute)I last visited a website. First, I tried going to the easiest option: "Favourites/History" and click on the icon of the web, but the date is authomatically updated to the hour I click on this icon.
The I tried to go to c:windoss, users Appdata, Local. I do a word search on the upper frame and type the name of the web, i.e. Wikipedia. Then all wikipedia icon do appear, but also, when I click on them, the date is updated to the actual one. How could I see the exact date of th first visit, to a precise website? Could you help, please?

Thanks Smile  

minime2k9

Re: How to know exact hour & minute you visited a website?

Post Posted: Apr 08, 13 11:34

Well to start with which browser are you using?
More for my own curiosity, why are you trying to find this? The methods you described so far seem far from forensic.  

BMV_E01

Re: How to know exact hour & minute you visited a website?

Post Posted: Apr 09, 13 04:20

Hi there,

You might want to analyse the "index.dat" file if you are referring to IE. It basically keeps a list of all the website one visits along with the created and accessed date and times. I believe this file is hidden in the OS, but using your choice of a forensic program, you can easily export this file and analyse it with something as simple as Index.dat Analyzer.

Hope this helps Smile  

Page 1 of 1