±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 32595
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 135

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Help with Android Gallery3D

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

Help with Android Gallery3D

Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 pm

I have a case in which pictures of interest were found in the com.sec.android.gallery3d folder (imgcache.0 and imgcacheMicro.0 files)

Does anyone have whitepapers or advice on how to get more information about these pictures? All I have thus far is what Cellebrite will go on.

There are also picasa subfolders - does anyone have more information about those?

Terry  

twjolson

Re: Help with Android Gallery3D

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Terry,

I just saw your post even though it is several months old. Did you get any satisfactory reply? I haven't seen any white papers and haven't tried Cellebrite, but I have had good success using Magnet Forensics Internet Evidence Finder to parse the imgcache.0 files. You can export the Pictures category of artifacts as a PDF or HTML with all the metadata intact.

Randy  

randynading

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:06 pm

I didn't receive any responses.

However, my question wasn't about what tools to use. I was asking for deeper knowledge. The layout of the file, what other metadata may be stored in the files, and so on.

Terry  

twjolson

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:19 am

Terry,

Just curious to know which phone it is? I have an HTC EVO 3D Android that I have done test images on in the past so when I get a chance I will see if it has those particular items.

Regards,

Chris Currier  

nlpd120

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:12 pm

This was ages ago, so I don't remember the original phone. However, I have encountered imgcache images in every Android I've done. For instance, my current case is a Motorola XT 926 and it has imgcache files in com.motorola.MotGallery2.  

twjolson

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:54 pm

While waiting for my images to load I found this for you not sure the validity of it, but thought I would pass it along to you.

www.android.net/forum/...-file.html

Regards,

Chris  

nlpd120

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:50 am

Hi,

I just posted some research on this topic here:

cheeky4n6monkey.blogsp...-into.html

Thanks to twjolson for his assistance.

Cheers,

Cheeky