±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36115
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 128

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Advanced forensics concepts

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 

jhup

Re: Advanced forensics concepts

Post Posted: Oct 31, 13 18:02

I believe I got my answer, and we burned it to the ground in the process.

joachimm and others, I appreciate the ability to have a good debate. Thank you.  

joachimm

Re: Advanced forensics concepts

Post Posted: Nov 01, 13 00:43

- jhup
I believe I got my answer, and we burned it to the ground in the process.

joachimm and others, I appreciate the ability to have a good debate. Thank you.

Noprob. Thank you too. At least let me give you some answers on your last questions, but I'll try no more follow up questions Wink

- jhup
The question is still "what do you consider 'advanced forensics concepts' within the digital forensics realm?".

Then my answer remains there are no advanced forensics concepts Wink So we agree to disagree. But maybe the following answers give you some insight into why.

- jhup
I believe what you were looking for is more definitions to the words within my question.

As I said mismatches of semantics in our discussion are taking us nowhere. I like clarity, details, not vaguely talking about vague concepts.

- jhup
To further elucidate with an example, if you have two books front of you on digital forensics, one of them will be more advanced than the other. How do you determine which is more advanced?

Not. It does not matter to me which is one is more advanced. The one that provides me with the most insights is the one I value most and this does have to be a book on digital forensics at all. I'll be reading "Building Machine Learning Systems with Python", "Windows Internals" maybe a book on Rhetoric instead.

Why? Because I think it can help me gain new insights where these books discussing tools and artifacts no longer do. So roughly for me there is no distinction between basic and advanced (as in complex) anymore. Some very basic things can be very complex.

- jhup
The point of the question was not to force the responder into a very stringent box (specificity is a curse of our field), but to provide a wide channel. However uncomfortable this is, I wanted the question loosely defined.

- jhup
I search for the framework for instructional purposes.

I can recommend phrasing the question different next time e.g.
If you were to teach a workshop/class to experienced forensic practitioners what would you teach them and why?

(Still slipped in a question here Wink

I'll leave with a quote attributed to Albert Einstein: "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."  

Page 6 of 6
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6