±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35997
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 183

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Oxygen/Passware bundle

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

sleepersol

Oxygen/Passware bundle

Post Posted: Aug 22, 14 21:38

I came across a newer bundle the other day and I was wondering if anyone has used this yet. It seems that Oxygen Forensics and Passware have bundled their software into a platform that allows the user to crack passwords on iTunes backups as well as Android physical and Android backups. I wanted to see if there were any reviews before I purchased it for my lab. How effective is it in recovering these? How fast does it recover?

www.oxygen-forensic.co...s/passware  

Passware

Re: Oxygen/Passware bundle

Post Posted: Sep 08, 14 22:10

Passwords for iTunes and Android backups and images are recovered using Dictionary, Brute-force and other attacks. Acceleration is possible with NVIDIA and AMD GPU cards, as well as distributed computing.

The average password recovery speed for an Android physical image is over 120,000 pwd/sec provided that you use an AMD GPU card. More details at:
www.lostpassword.com/h...htm#speeds  

sleepersol

Re: Oxygen/Passware bundle

Post Posted: Sep 11, 14 01:30

@NatalyKou- Thank you for the reply. I do work in a lab that is currently running both AMD and NVIDIA GPU cards. I was wondering if there was any advantage to running the bundled software over running Elcomsoft or the Passware stand alone.
PS- I appreciate the link for the visual of the cracking capabilities of the different hardware sets  

Page 1 of 1