±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36077
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 205

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Mobile write blockers

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

Skywalker

Mobile write blockers

Post Posted: Apr 09, 15 15:32

Hello everybody,

Which are the best mobile write-blockers in terms of quality-price?  

sgreene2991

Re: Mobile write blockers

Post Posted: Apr 09, 15 21:50

If you're planning on using them on mobile devices I would not recommend that. For the software to work properly there needs to be an open communication between the phone and the computer.  

nightworker

Post Posted: Apr 09, 15 22:11

yes there is no write block prosedure with mobile devices maybe if you connect mass storage you can support it with software usb writeblocker  

Skywalker

Post Posted: Apr 10, 15 12:44

I meant if there are mobile write-blocker hardware (such us Cellebrite's, for example, which is sold independently from UFED hardware or software), in orther to use it with some cheaper products.  

sgreene2991

Post Posted: Apr 14, 15 03:01

That is still not a write blocker, simply a capture device. But I believe that AccessData and Oxygen have similar devices to Cellebrite, you might check those out to see what they offer.  

Adam10541

Post Posted: Apr 14, 15 09:14

I'm still not understanding what you mean.

As far as I'm aware there is no such thing as a write blocker for a mobile phone.

None of the forensic tools UFED/XRY/Oxygen etc put a write block on the mobile phone when they are interrogating it.

There are write blockers for memory cards and other devices if that's what you mean, but nothing for mobile phones.  

Skywalker

Post Posted: Apr 15, 15 19:00

- Adam10541
I'm still not understanding what you mean.

As far as I'm aware there is no such thing as a write blocker for a mobile phone.

None of the forensic tools UFED/XRY/Oxygen etc put a write block on the mobile phone when they are interrogating it.

There are write blockers for memory cards and other devices if that's what you mean, but nothing for mobile phones.

Hi friend,

I haven't tried UFED but I mean, when you acquire an evidence from a mobile devide through an UFED machine, or its conectors in case you only use the software, doesn't it work as a write-blocker?

Thanks!  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next