±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35755
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 104

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

HELP: Need to Copy locked windows files

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 

The-Game

Re: HELP: Need to Copy locked windows files

Post Posted: Dec 16, 15 14:23

@joakims

Thanks alot for the quick fix. It was really helpful.

I have another query with regards to Rawcopy, is there any way I can run multiple commands in a single instance by calling the tool only once?

For Example:
Is it possible to club all the below mentioned command together and fire a single instance of Rawcopy?

"RawCopy.exe C:\pagefile.sys E:\output"
"RawCopy.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM E:\output"
"RawCopy.exe C:\swapfile.sys E:\output"  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Dec 16, 15 14:36

- The-Game

I have another query with regards to Rawcopy, is there any way I can run multiple commands in a single instance by calling the tool only once?

Isn't this what batch files (or other scripting languages) are made for? Question

jaclaz

The-Game

Post Posted: Dec 17, 15 16:42

@jaclaz

Batch script will call the rawcopy.exe thrice in my mentioned example. I would like to know if the same activity can be performed by calling rawcopy.exe only once, something like rawcopy.exe C:\pagefile.sys C:\swapfile.sys E:\Output\

Thanks in advance  

joakims

Post Posted: Dec 18, 15 02:43

Such a change will not be implemented until I see a good enough reason. It's not perfect, but does the job without too much hassle.

github.com/jschicht 

jaclaz

Post Posted: Dec 18, 15 20:26

- The-Game
@jaclaz

Batch script will call the rawcopy.exe thrice in my mentioned example. I would like to know if the same activity can be performed by calling rawcopy.exe only once, something like rawcopy.exe C:\pagefile.sys C:\swapfile.sys E:\Output\

Thanks in advance

Well, it makes not any sense (to me a least) Confused .

What is the actual difference? Question

The way the thingy works is to look up for the extents of a file and then copy those extents (re-assembling them if needed) to the output directory with the same file name and extension.

It inherently works one file at the time, so it would anyway be run three times "internally" instead of externally through batch, possibly with the complication that you wouldn't know if there is an issue which file caused it unless joakims adds some specific error reporting code.

Just in case you missed them Shocked :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._principle

Cheers @joakims Smile

jaclaz

Page 3 of 3
Page Previous  1, 2, 3