±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35741
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 133

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Defining "forensics"

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

jpickens

Defining "forensics"

Post Posted: Apr 15, 16 20:01

Perhaps it is just me (working in the corporate private sector) but I'm seeing the word "forensics" used more & more out of context when discussing computer or digital investigation and analysis.

In many cases its become a verb meaning "to perform an investigation of sorts". Example: "I need you do do some forensics on this application log".

I think the majority of people outside of this field is treating it like a buzz word that can get intermingled like the term "cyber security". Its a bit sexy to say "Cyber this" or "forensic that", but doesn't mean much beyond saying "its a tricky techie thing that I don't really understand".

Maybe I'm off the mark on this, but wonder if others are seeing it as well?  

aeiforensics

Re: Defining "forensics"

Post Posted: Apr 15, 16 20:35

<friday_sarcasm_begin>

I believe that you should make this point in the blogosphere and twitterverse as this might go viral in the conversation marketing of user-generated content complete with infographics, memes, and selfie's. It could be considered promoted content with complete brand storytelling and use of hash tags (#DFIR) winning you placement as a social influencer amongst vloggers and freemium content delivery models.

</friday_sarcasm_end>  

Page 1 of 1