±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35140
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 175

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Mounting an image

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next 

Re: Mounting an image

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:51 pm

I got ImDisk working on XP and mounted an XP image just fine (just one partition). I'm including this in WFA 2/e  

keydet89

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeah me too. It's a good utility, just doesn't meet all of my needs unfortunately.  

hogfly

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:05 pm

such as?  

keydet89

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 am

Well as I just pointed out it doesn't work with server 2008 64 bit, whereas a vm or a linux box with a samba share works just fine for analysis.  

hogfly

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:49 am

- hogfly
Well as I just pointed out it doesn't work with server 2008 64 bit, whereas a vm or a linux box with a samba share works just fine for analysis.

Have you tried the x64 version of VDK? Question

Here:
oss.netfarm.it/win32/

jaclaz  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:24 am

If you have VMware, the vmware-mount utility that's in the Disk Developers Kit works very well. I run it on XP and Vista 32/64 systems, and I can mount dd images of either of those systems quite easily. I have tried VDK64, and the results have been almost as good.  

JimmyW

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Okay, I've had some good results using IMDisk to mount an acquired image of a physical disk as a read-only file system.

Before getting into my own testing, I wanted to see what others may be using to mount an acquisition of a logical volume as a file system. For example, if you use FTK Imager to acquire an image of C:\, instead of PhysicalDisk0...what are you using (if anything) to mount that image as a drive letter?

Thanks.  

keydet89

Page 9 of 10
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next