±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35750
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 172

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Mounting an image

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 

JimmyW

Re: Mounting an image

Post Posted: Dec 17, 08 01:41

Mount Image Pro will work. The next release, now in beta, will offer more options for mounting an image. Support for FTK AD1 images is also in the works. If you want write access, you may be able to build a VM from the logical image and then use the utility I mentioned, though I've never built one from a logical image. I can see the need in cases in which you have to image logically. It's been a while, but I never had success with IMDisk.  

Olof_Lagerkvist

Re: Mounting an image

Post Posted: Dec 19, 08 19:54

- hogfly
jaclaz,
It apparently doesn't work on 64bit server 2008 without modifying the OS behavior and I'm not about to jeopardize the integrity of my machine to load the driver.

Just to clarify, driver signing means no guarantee of the quality of driver code or anything like that anyway, it just makes sure that you know who has published drivers you have installed. So, turning testsigning mode on means very little integrity risks added after all, and is still better than on 32-bit versions.

With testsigning turned on drivers still need to be signed but the certificate may be a local one you have created or downloaded to accept own drivers or drivers from a specific publisher. So, even with testsigning turned on a 64-bit Vista has more checks for integrity than a 32-bit Vista. (32-bit versions of Windows never checks for a signature before accepting to load a driver.)

Anyway, I understand your reaction, after all 64-bit Windows need to run in a somewhat less secure mode, but still, more secure than 32-bit Windows versions.  

Page 10 of 10
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10