±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 7 Overall: 36105
New Yesterday: 9 Visitors: 129

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Please, help to resolve this.

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next 

jaclaz

Re: Please, help to resolve this.

Post Posted: Jul 02, 17 14:39

- MickArneke

No. Our advice is only about where their forensic “Achilles heals” are, and how these will be legally possible to be cured.

As a side note only.

Bad comparison Sad .

The whole point of Achille was that he was invulnerable everywhere BUT in one single spot, his left heel.

What you describe is about someone which is absolutely vulnerable and undefendable everywhere except - maybe - in one or at the most a handful of teeny-tiny spots.

jaclaz

MickArneke

Post Posted: Jul 02, 17 16:17

- RolfGutmann
C.R.S is absolutely right (excellent post!)

After consulting our internal legal:

Ask jamie (admin FF) to immediately delete your post. Check Google, archive.org and other
web history sites about deleting all you posted.

Our legal says all you posted here has parts of evidence which can be fired against you.

So act like hell to immediately delete everything!

Change your FF avatar: MickArneke (probably Michael Arneke) immediately too.

Let me be more clear...

My identity is well preserved. We have in our hand written order from our boss to help them – we act on written order. We coordinate all our actions with our legal department. All of our's work conversations and answers to them are recorded – this is the practice here. I do not do, or tell to them, or send to them, any illegal advice. The high superior officer judgements about their legal system and their legal practices, concern only him- we do not express any approve, or disapprovement or comment his "statements".
Because of my not so adequate English phrasing, you, probably, misinterpreted what I wrote.

Our help to them was:

To provide them with forensic advises what they do properly and what they do not do [ they have very, very low level of forensic culture and understanding]. All our advises before to be sending to them will be approved from our legal team – like contents, like written phrase etc. All is legal. We do not give them any illegal advice, or advice them to do illegal things- after I read all I read [ their documents], I decide not to continue. This is before I give them any forensic analysis on anything in deep.

To clarify for them forensic details, which they do not understand.

To tell them, which things may help their case, or are strong point in their case, based on what forensic evidences they may present- artifacts, registry analysis and so on.

I simply explain in my post that based on the documents I saw [ we do not have in our possession any digital image copy ] and before I even start to helping them, I was deeply distressed and unable to continue further with my help, because I saw that their case is not legal. I simply explain to them that seems to me, and from forensic point of view, and from our legal system point of view, there case is not admissible in court. The high-ranking tells me “It is admissible”. I asked him “How, without proper hashing and legal live acquisition procedures?” He answered laughing “Nobody from the judges here care about hashing . They even do not know what hashing is all about. “.

I do not give them any advice on forensic matters, because after I see all I saw, I decide not to continue. And was deeply disturbed by what I saw [like papers, info] and what I hear like phone conversations. And this I share with all of you.
From my part- there was no any forensic advice on any subject- I explain to them plainly and clearly, that they do not have a case, and why forensically they do not have a case, according to my forensic knowledge. The high ranking told me that they have. I politely end the call and go to my boss to brief him.

All the info they give us, and I give you, are open and legal documents from their country of origin – because the first trail passed- all this info is widely accessible, because all this information was hear in OPEN court, OPENLY.  

MDCR

Post Posted: Jul 02, 17 16:44

You think you are immune from reprisals? You think that it isn't easy to tie one identity on the net with another?

Some people spend 40 hours a week doing that and they have more experience and are more clever than you in this field.  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Jul 02, 17 16:57

- RolfGutmann

After consulting our internal legal:

Hey Rolf, JFYI, having a lawyer:
1) being available on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning
2) being actually giving an answer within a few hours

makes yet another event that may only happen in Switzerland.

@MickArneke
What I would do (since I am not a professional digital forensic investigator it is OK to ignore my suggestion) is the following:
1) Make a spreadsheet
2) in first column (A) list the activities that should have been done (according to you or best practice)
3) in second column (B) describe HOW these activities should have been performed (still according to you or best practice)
4) in third column (C) describe how these activities have ACTUALLY been performed (leave blank if activity was not performed) according to the info you have
5) in fourth column (D) assign a percentage vote (0% where columns C and B are totally different, 100% where columns C and B are substantially identical).
6) sum those percentages and rate the result against the maximum (i.e. 100% for each row)

As an example, if you have 20 rows and thus the max points are 20, the sum of column D will be (maybe) something like 3 or 4.

Would anyone (in his/her right mind) go ahead with *anything* (be it an exam, a test, a checklist, whatever) with a result of anything less than 18/20 (or possibly 15/20 to be very, very lenient)?

jaclaz

MickArneke

Post Posted: Jul 02, 17 17:43

- jaclaz
- MickArneke

No. Our advice is only about where their forensic “Achilles heel” are, and how these will be legally possible to be cured.

As a side note only.

Bad comparison Sad .

The whole point of Achille was that he was invulnerable everywhere BUT in one single spot, his left heel.

What you describe is about someone which is absolutely vulnerable and undefendable everywhere except - maybe - in one or at the most a handful of teeny-tiny spots.

jaclaz

Will explain

The official police forensic laboratory results, for us, was a totally mess, a nonsense. More we read all this nonsense there, more we understand, that all of the “evidence of guilt” they present, are actually a product of forged evidences. The defense team show in court clearly all this nonsense- they are brilliant. The high officer [ he make private offer to us, like I understand from my boss] asked us to cure this with suggestion FROM forensic point of view - i.e. interpretations, contrary to those of the defense team. This was their “Achilles heel”, BUT, no single forensic expert exist, which will be able to do something about this, because the data there are clearly forged, and manifests themselves like forged data. These peoples there, simply DO not understand this, because of their arrogance, rampant incompetence, lack of whatsoever forensic knowledge. They also do not understand that these things make their country and judicial system- pure circus. They even do not understand that, without proper hash, the lab must decline to examine those data, simply because of lack of proof of the genuinity of the forensic material the lab take. Thus, their official lab [ Their OFFICIAL and NATIONAL FORENSIC Lab, not some small obscure lab !!! ] commits crime, presenting to the court their forensic conclusions, clearly knowing beforehand, that they work on non genuine data ! This is simply unbelievable !!

More, inside the vast majority of the official prosecutor's judicial documents, the prosecutors on various stage of the judicial procedure, INVENTED and fabricated [non existent] "evidences" by - frivolous assumptions, totally false phrasing and misguided "conclusions", or based simply on NON existent digital data. Or - clearly lies in various paragraphs in their documents.

We asked the high-ranking-

"What is this all about? It is false and fabricated!"

He answer to us:

" Don't 'worry- all this will pass like "right of the prosecutors to have theirs own opinion".

We asked him:

" For God's sake, what kind of "opinions", when all these are fabricated, and are NOT based on any digital proof?"

He close his remarks:

" You are naive there - we here knows better how to catch the criminals!"

But before reading all these documents, I do not know all this, and just I think that they have gaps, or wrong artifacts interpretations, or , from the forensic point of view, wrong defense arguments, which may be cured.

Please note- their “live acquisition” lasts about 4 hours on the spot, for ONE computer with 2 hdd, one of them empty of evidences whatsoever– 4 hours with a USB stick on defendant’s computers without blocker – THEY admit this in court !!! The court does not react because, probably, they do not know even what the difference is between computer mouse and live mouse.

What he do 4 hours there then? Wrote the “War and Peace” continued , instead of Leo Tolstoy?

The phrase "they lie to the court" - yes, they do, because, par example, we clearly read one of the two officer statement. He wrote and tell in court the same - "... the defendant obstruct our work, because he does not give us the password from his encrypted files- but, hold on your chairs- THEIR official forensic expertise conclude, that, no installed encrypted software on the defendant computer was found, either encrypted files there existed. And this is only one spot.
The other officer state clearly that he "find" on the defendant's computer software named... but... this officer never touch the defendant's computer, because from the begging to the end, only the other officer works on the machine!

They ask from us to "heal" all this ! I answered - "It is impossible, because you do illegal things". That's all. We do not advise them anything illegal!  

Last edited by MickArneke on Jul 02, 17 20:29; edited 6 times in total

MickArneke

Post Posted: Jul 02, 17 17:50

- MDCR
You think you are immune from reprisals? You think that it isn't easy to tie one identity on the net with another?

Some people spend 40 hours a week doing that and they have more experience and are more clever than you in this field.

You have a spot. But we are human too. We are not "weapons" in someone's hands. And not obliged to serve all these dubious characters and judicial incoherence there. Just my two cents.

But in my country, and according of our laws, I do not do anything illegal.
Please note - all info I give you is an open info, not a secret info. This information is not "divulged" illegally, it is already hear in OPEN court, with public present there, and in open session.

Ask me - why I do this? I wrote the one reason- because i must resign, and I want to share with colleagues, and just take second opinion.

Second- all this time, I myself and my colleague [and friend], openly admired the doc there [the defendant]. Not secretly- openly, after we read all their lies, nonsense documents and judicial hypocrisy, without end. He must be courageous man, i do not know him.

Are you able to imagine in YOUR country, someone to accuse [ and put in jail - they put the man in jail] you of something digital, unable even to present in court that the data, based on which they accused YOU, are digitally genuine??

When you speak to the judge and tell him:
" First, I want proof, that the whole data is genuine, before accusing me of anything illegal- it is my basic right"

he answers you

" I do not even understand, what you talking about".

How you will react? Throw the book to the judge face?? The judicial system there DO NOT implement the law- they INTERPRETED the law, according to the taste of everyone's judge there.  

RolfGutmann

Post Posted: Jul 02, 17 20:12

Stop.

Hold on. Make a decision. Just do it.  

Page 2 of 13
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next