±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 4 Overall: 34601
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 236

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Need Help with license information

If you require the services of a computer forensics or data recovery firm please post details of your requirements here. Other members will then be able to contact you with a quote for their services [NOTE: Forensic Focus assumes no liability whatsoever for the results of services provided].
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Need Help with license information

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello,

My car was involved in a hit and run at my parents house while I was deployed. Fortunately the neighbor has video of the car only cause after said person hit my car in my parents driveway they proceeded to drive onto the lawn of my neighbors house before driving off curb and leaving the neighborhood.

I have tried different software and couldn't make out the license plate because of the glare. I have came pretty close with Amped Five, but still cant make out numbers. Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, insurance wont fix my car until I have the information on the person to confirm the vehicle involved.

here is a link to the video..I can also send it in email if need be. thank you all and happy holidays!

www.metacafe.com/watch...3-1-1-mp4/  

subperfect

Re: Need Help with license information

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:22 pm

need help still  

subperfect

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:48 pm

The resolution of the original video catched limits the potential for upscaling in resolution. I did try but no clear result.  

RolfGutmann

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Thank you for your time RolfGutmann  

subperfect

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:22 pm

If you have the original file from the camera it might be slightly better.
Some of these video upload services re-encode the video.
I wouldn't be very optimistic however.  

Passmark

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:05 am

You are welcome. For sure you already checked all options.

But, we had a similar case. Did you try to evaluate the next couple public cams or far away citizens? As roads lead to junctions and so on there remains a chance to get the picture by first estimating the speed of driving (unsecure, unpredictable u&u) and also where the car turned on junctions u&u.

Its an outside-in approach but with a good chance. Puzzleing-in Smile

Last: What did the 'Police' say (you may are the Police)?  

RolfGutmann

Page 1 of 1