±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35894
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 157

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Evidence Store

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

johnking89

Evidence Store

Post Posted: Mar 21, 18 16:25

Just looking for some advice on the requirements for an evidence store. We currently have everything stored in 2 v large safes in a separate room but as we are moving to a new office soon i would like to take the opportunity to build an proper evidence store.

I've been looking for some sort of standard in regards to the physical requirements needed for a third party to store say criminal evidence (not that we do police work) but cant find anything that is publicly available. Is there a standard for all police forces or is it on a force by force basis? Can anyone provide any details?

I'm aware that the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority requires a strong room to be built but this is overkill for the majority of our work.  

Novunix

Re: Evidence Store

Post Posted: Mar 21, 18 19:57

Whether it is a cupboard or a dedicated room with storage shelves and an indexing system, it should have controls in place for audit. A proximity card lock or key with log book for example.
The chain of custody is imperative for LE case work and evidence.

jaclaz

Re: Evidence Store

Post Posted: Mar 21, 18 20:30

Maybe:

home.iape.org/

even if - notwithstanding the "International" it seems mostly US based - the principles should be actually international.

jaclaz

Page 1 of 1