±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 34621
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 273

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Export facebook messenger messages without root

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next 

Re: Export facebook messenger messages without root

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:34 am

It's an MTK based phone. You can often make full backup even with free SPFlashTool only using it's "read memory" feature if you have correct DA (and sometimes preloader and auth file from a firmware file) and unlocked bootloader is not required.

I'm 100% confident that 3rd party tools like Infinity CM2MTK, Volcano etc can dump it without unlocking bootloader with their stock download agents so this shouldn't be a problem for MobileEDIT as well as long as it has a correct DA. You should just try it. Worst case scenario, it won't make a dump.  

arcaine2

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:29 am

I tried Mobil Edit Forensic Express option "Get physical dump from MTK phone".

It stuck at this ibb.co/ccYLuH screen.. and nothing happens ..I was waiting approx. 5 minutes.
In mobiledit support website it is said that this screen shouldnt take longer than 2 minutes.  

Thomass30

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Uhm, so maybe it doesn't have correct DA. I'd check just with SPFlashTool.

To do so, first get a firmware for your model. You may try with this one. Get latest SPFlashTool. In Download tab load a scatter file from downloaded firmware, make sure preloader loaded is marked, then switch to Memory Test tab, select any test (can be RAM test only), click start and connect the device. If everything is fine, a test should start and you can just stop it now. It's only used to determine full memory chip size, like here.

Bottom left side, EMMC Flash tab, UA Size. Once you get this, switch to Readback tab, then add and double click on added entry. Select where the dump should be saved, and enter value you copied from UA Size in Length, like here.

Then simply click Read Back and it should just work and make you a full eMMC chip dump. You can analyze the dump with any tool later.  

arcaine2

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Cellebrite UFED, latest version (7.3.0.809) offers a physical extraction with lockcode bypass over bootloader for this phone model.

greez
Pb  

Plan_B

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:39 am

@Plan_B
unfortunately i dont have access to Cellebrite UFED

@arcaine2
Thanks for your instruction. I appreciate your help.
I didnt use it but I'll keep it in my mind for the future cases Smile

The passcodeunlock user helped me through PM.
I have to install correctly MTK drivers manually and then I successfully created physical image using MTK Hack.

Thank you all for your help.  

Thomass30

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am

gz and hf Very Happy

Good job  

Plan_B

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:37 pm

@Thomass30: did you get the facebook messenger messages after all ?!
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

passcodeunlock

Page 3 of 4
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next