±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 34071
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 129

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Starting your own Cert in DF

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: Starting your own Cert in DF

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:36 am

- tootypeg
Been thinking about starting a certification (like an EnCE etc) and just wondering what the issues, thoughts around certs are etc?

Utility, Credibility, Validity

Credibility is probably going to cost you. There are standards for certifying organization -- you may need to get a certificate of your own just in order to separate yourself from the common diploma mills.

The Wiki article on Diploma Mills has some useful points to ponder. (as does www.propublica.org/art...no-problem )

(I have a certificate from the Universal Life Church that I'm an Certified Prophet. I think -- I only use it when I want to discuss finer points of certification with people who haven't had to face the problem in detail.)

Just remember to cast a glance at the CCFP from ISC2, who are a fairly highly regarded certification company (modulo issues like those you mention). ISC2 announced the certification in 2012 (or perhaps it was 2013), several 'solid' education companies jumped aboard, but as of one or two years ago, the courses have been cancelled and existing certificates will lapse in 2020.

Why did they fail? It probably wasn't in the infrastructure and the logistics of computer forensics certification -- it must have been something else.  

Last edited by athulin on Fri May 11, 2018 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

athulin

Re: Starting your own Cert in DF

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:14 pm

- athulin

I have a certificate from the Universal Life Church that I'm an Certified Prophet.

You mean the ULC?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ife_Church

Good to know Smile .

I attempted something similar, thinking that it would have been more fun than ULC, but for some reasons the CFSM didn't provide me with an actual certificate Wink :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ti_Monster

jaclaz

jaclaz

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2