±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 34298
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 223

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Encase 8 L01 file creation of a zip file

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Encase 8 L01 file creation of a zip file

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:54 am

Hi All,

Recently i have started using Encase v8, everything looks good but my only biggest concern is i am not able to create L01 file of a zip and other files together.

Suppose i have 1 zip file and 1 pst file. Now i mount the zip file either by using view file structure or Evidence processor.
Now when i am trying to create a L01 file of the mounted zip and the pst i am only getting 2 files, although my requirement is i should get 1 pst and the mounted zip file contents.
This same process can be easily done in Encase 6.

Can someone who has used Encase v8, please suggest me a solution so that i can create L01 image of both pst and mounted zip file contents in the L01 image.

Thanks.  

shishirsaxena2007

Re: Encase 8 L01 file creation of a zip file

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:38 pm

One thing you can try is create one at a time. Blue check the ZIP file, create the L01. Then uncheck it. Blue check the PST and create an L01 of that.

I know it seems like using 2 steps in a process that should only be one step, but whatever is checked at the time of the L01 creation, that is what will be in it.  

kastajamah

Re: Encase 8 L01 file creation of a zip file

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:29 am

Thank you for the response i tried all the possible combinations of checking and unchecking the files but it seems nothing works with the zip file.

I was hoping if someone knows the turn around to work out the things.  

shishirsaxena2007

Page 1 of 1