±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 34295
New Yesterday: 7 Visitors: 249

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Computer Forensics Investigation Process

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Computer Forensics Investigation Process

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 am

I was assigned to do computer forensics investigation . Where should i start ?  

MissIla

Re: Computer Forensics Investigation Process

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 am

In all honesty, if that is your first question, then you may want to hire someone to perform the investigation.  

jpickens

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:19 am

@MissIla: everybody started somewhere, so are you. First you should have a university degree related to IT in general, then do some targeted forensics classes in a few fields. After having the basics needed, join a forensics company as apprentice. Life will show the rest. Hopefully Smile

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm

- jpickens
In all honesty, if that is your first question, then you may want to hire someone to perform the investigation.

Actually i am looking for any advice on handle computer forensics investigation since my company was having problems on computer threat. Instead of hire someone, I want try to settle this task by myself first. Hopefully you can give me some tips or advice. btw thank you for reply Smile  

MissIla

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 pm

- passcodeunlock
@MissIla: everybody started somewhere, so are you. First you should have a university degree related to IT in general, then do some targeted forensics classes in a few fields. After having the basics needed, join a forensics company as apprentice. Life will show the rest. Hopefully Smile

Thanks for reply Smile Yes i am agree with you but, currently i am facing with a task on handle cases in my company. This is my first attend to handle forensics investigation. If you have some information regarding to this matter hopefully you can advice me. I will really appreciate for your time Smile  

MissIla

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 pm

In this case please do what jpickens said!

It is not possible to do any kind of forensic task the right way as a "newbie" Sad

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Recently a large number of 'fake' requests of Newbies came from Malaysia. They just faked to get answers to exams.

Please proof your trustworthyness first and thank your compatriots.  

RolfGutmann

Page 1 of 1