±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 34832
New Yesterday: 7 Visitors: 121

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Best cables you have found?

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Best cables you have found?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:46 pm

What are the best cables for each connection type you have found?

I found that ATT's USB C cable is incredibly reliable and not prone to any sort of connection issues.
Also, any cable bought from a gas station in a pinch on a job will be incredibly expensive and not work lol.

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

armresl

Re: Best cables you have found?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 am

Just for the record, no-name/untested USB-C cables are actually "dangerous" for the device, so it is NOT a good idea to buy them anyway.

I guess that everyone knows the story of Benson Leung and his tests/reviews, in case:

plus.google.com/collection/s0Inv

Anyway, when it comes to USB-C, besides the tests by Benson, it is adviced to check the cable for the TID (i.e. that it is certified) here:
www.usb.org/kcomplianc...ations.pdf

though of course fakes are always possible.

And, coincidentally:
www.androidauthority.c...-c-870996/

jaclaz

jaclaz

Page 1 of 1