±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35755
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 125

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Iranian UICCs hacked

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next 

trewmte

Re: Iranian UICCs hacked

Post Posted: Dec 29, 18 20:11

- Dalton-C
- TinyBrain
The MSI's subscribers were hacked through the 3G mobile network and their UICCs infected. I have one piece in-lab and proof of infection.

which kind of infection has compromised UICC? you talked about A5/3 while it use for ciphering and implemented inside mobile phone. also you talked about IR21 which is relating to network. could you please explain more about the infection and targeted technology?

Dalton-C I entirely agree with you. More clarity and identification Idea is needed please in order to raise observations....
Mobile Telephone Evidence & Forensics trewmte.blogspot.com 

TinyBrain

Post Posted: Dec 29, 18 22:00

Bound.  

trewmte

Post Posted: Dec 30, 18 07:54

- TinyBrain
Bound.

Nonsense
Mobile Telephone Evidence & Forensics trewmte.blogspot.com 

Dalton-C

Post Posted: Dec 30, 18 08:10

- TinyBrain
Bound.

this is like a machine that you want to produce without any input. how you are claiming without providing any PoC?  

TinyBrain

Post Posted: Dec 30, 18 20:24

Please see my very first post. These were my questions. Your questions are yours, not mines.  

Dalton-C

Post Posted: Dec 30, 18 21:39

- TinyBrain
Please see my very first post. These were my questions. Your questions are yours, not mines.

You know better all simcards and teleco modules work based on standard and any vulnerability on each one will affect many MNOs.
as the subject of your first post is claim, not question and you are talking about things that are not relating to each other, we are worry about the next target of this attack. i couldn't understand yet why subject of topic is about infecting UICC but your posts are about IR21 process, A5/3 and other things which are relating to network layer?  

TinyBrain

Post Posted: Dec 30, 18 22:35

Right, we here want to understand how this happened. Lets name it InfectionPath, then InfectionEvent and InfectionResult. The InfectionResult he have. My colleague of networking told me that always you want to reach all hosts its called Broadcast. So InfectionBroadcast. MNOs can update the UICCs, this was EndInfectionPath. Which unit in 3G MNOs rolls out this?

What we immediately! were asked by our board members was, can this happen in LTE or is this a '3G problem'?

I understand that you are disappointed that I am bound. But I dont walk behind bars.  

Page 4 of 7
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next