±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35965
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 307

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

PRISON OR NOT?

Discussion of legislation relating to computer forensics.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

syafiqah

PRISON OR NOT?

Post Posted: Nov 15, 18 06:09

Hello all,

If a 17 years old student plead guilty to a charge of hacking, unauthorized activities of accessing computer materials, will he/she be sentenced to imprisonment?

Thank You.  

giandega

Re: PRISON OR NOT?

Post Posted: Nov 15, 18 10:37

In which country  

JaredDM

Post Posted: Nov 15, 18 15:17

There are too many factors to consider here to give any sort of direct answer to that.

The local laws of the country, state, the region will vary greatly. It'll likely also depend on the specific circumstances and motives. Was he hacking into his teacher's computer to steal answers to an upcoming test or was he trying to hack with intent to steal money or commit identity theft? Those two scenarios would be treated very differently most places.

syafiqah

Post Posted: Nov 16, 18 09:37

- giandega
In which country

Hai Giandega. Thanks for your reply. How about your country? Would you mind to share?

Thank You. Have a nice day!  

Bunnysniper

Post Posted: Nov 16, 18 12:26

- syafiqah
If a 17 years old student plead guilty to a charge of hacking, unauthorized activities of accessing computer materials, will he/she be sentenced to imprisonment?

syafiqah, may I ask how you found this forum? We often see new users from Malaysia who have similar questions like you have and I am curious, where all the users from Malaysia come from.

regards,
Robin

syafiqah

Post Posted: Nov 17, 18 09:37

- Bunnysniper
- syafiqah

syafiqah, may I ask how you found this forum? We often see new users from Malaysia who have similar questions like you have and I am curious, where all the users from Malaysia come from.

regards,
Robin

Hai Bunnysniper. Act, i just randomly search it on the web and found this forum.This forum is quite interesting. Furthermore, im in the midst of doing some research regarding cyber forensic. From this forum, i can gather lots of information that useful for me. Besides that, I also want to increase some awareness about cyber forensic in my country.

It is much appreciated if you could share your opinion regarding this matter.

Thanks.  

syafiqah

Post Posted: Nov 17, 18 09:48

- JaredDM
There are too many factors to consider here to give any sort of direct answer to that.

The local laws of the country, state, the region will vary greatly. It'll likely also depend on the specific circumstances and motives. Was he hacking into his teacher's computer to steal answers to an upcoming test or was he trying to hack with intent to steal money or commit identity theft? Those two scenarios would be treated very differently most places.

Let say if that student has intention to commit for identity theft, is he will be charge for imprisonment? What about stealing answer for test? what is the punishment? and is there any law/act regarding juvenile crime (specifically cyber crime) in your country?

Thank You!  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next