±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 34850
New Yesterday: 8 Visitors: 214

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Recover Videos From Corsee Surveillance System

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Recover Videos From Corsee Surveillance System

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:25 am

Greetings-

Need any assistance attempting to recover videos from a Corsee Surveillance system. Suspect formatted the drive and attempting to recover videos of the incident. I used DVR Examiner but it did not recover any deleted videos. The drive has two partitions, a small EXT3 partition that stores some the logs in DB files. The large partition is FAT32 and has numerous folders titled "dir0000" - "dir00925". In each folder contains files titled "file0000.dat" - "file0127" with each DAT file being the same size.

Any ideas or suggestions to try and recover the deleted videos? Or do you think they are lost and unrecoverable?  

renfantino

Re: Recover Videos From Corsee Surveillance System

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:35 am

Just wanted to post an update since no one has replied yet.

I have already imaged the drive and I can play the recovered DAT files in VLC with the H.264 demuxer. The problem is each DAT video file contains several short segments from different camera chanels and from different dates. And I've recovered over 100,000 DAT video files. Is there anyway to determine which file will have the date and camera chanel that I need?  

renfantino

Re: Recover Videos From Corsee Surveillance System

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:44 am

JFYI, there are a couple alternatives you may want to try (cannot sat if they wull be usefull specifically):
www.forensicfocus.com/...c/t=16568/

since it costs nothing, HXDVR is still IMHO worth a try.

Could you recover the files timestamps? (if they are OK they may provide the "timeline").

jaclaz

jaclaz

Page 1 of 1