±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35413
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 117

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

App Data from Samsung Galaxy S9+

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

passcodeunlock

Re: App Data from Samsung Galaxy S9+

Post Posted: Jan 11, 19 10:10

The OP is about FB messenger, not WhatsApp, no ?!
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

lmo1331

Post Posted: Jan 11, 19 14:28

For this phone specifically I only have Facebook Messenger and not Whats App, but I am sure I will run into What's App eventually, so that's great info! I will definitely keep that in mind.

Regardless of the Smart Switch back up, is there anyway to extract the Facebook messages at all? I did a manual ADB backup and barely got anything. Is this because of 8.0 Oreo? So frustrating.  

WHinkle

Post Posted: Jan 11, 19 17:49

Hello you can take a look at the DP 10 at www.datapilot.com
This is a great hand held device for acquisitions and viewing the data on the spot in real time. This device has built in screen mirroring so all apps that are on the phone can be mirrored and captured via the forensic device (no foot print is left behind). If you have any question you can contact myself as we are the manufacture and sole source provider in the US.
WHinkle @ susteen.com

Please give us a follow
Twitter: @SecureView4
Facebook: Secure View 

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Jan 12, 19 11:40

Good solution for some logical acquisitions and screen capturing.

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with apps data, there is no way to capture evidence with this device, which can't be displayed on the screen (for example sqlite entries with deleted flag or other artifacts at filesystem level).

Answering the OP, the issue can be solved well with a physical acquisition only. This can be done by using a signed eng boot + temporary root.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

Mreza

Post Posted: Jan 14, 19 07:02

- lmo1331
Hey Everyone,
I am using Magnet acquire but am only getting information like call logs, texts, pics. I was hoping to get app data, as I can see there are Facebook messenger messages as well as some other stuff. Thank You!

Do you have access to the target computer? Oxygen Forensic KeyScout offers the ability to seek and locate tokens and passwords saved on a computer as well as in various desktop Web browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla. The collected credentials can then be imported into Oxygen Forensic Cloud Extractor for immediate use

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ruPTBQKxM

Hunter

Post Posted: Jan 16, 19 09:14

There are very few roots available for a Samsung S9. They are very new and Samsung purposely designs their phones to be difficult to root. Paraben Forensics is currently working on a free root capability that you will be able to access on their website. However, it is not yet available.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2