±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35755
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 111

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

TAR Android Backup - What Next?

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

the_Grinch

TAR Android Backup - What Next?

Post Posted: Feb 06, 19 21:55

Recently purchased EFT Dongle and was able to perform a backup that pulled WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. Problem is, I am at a lose as to what I should do next with the tar file? Is there a tool that I can import it to? Cellebrite? XRY?  

the_Grinch

Re: TAR Android Backup - What Next?

Post Posted: Feb 06, 19 22:18

Disregard, it just backed up the apks.  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Feb 06, 19 23:01

What device (and Android version) are you playing with ?!
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

the_Grinch

Post Posted: Feb 07, 19 01:48

Samsung G550T1 with Android 6.0.1 March 2017 Security Patch

But sadly, as previously reported, it just backed up the apks for the apps and not the actual messages included within.  

Egyptorium

Post Posted: Feb 12, 19 14:11

You can use this tool WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor to backup WhatsApp databases and messages. This tool will downgrade your WhatsApp verison, and make backup. Then tool will restore your version.
Use with care. It can crash untill WhatsApp will be restored, in that case you will need to restore it manually. Try it at dummy phone first.  

Page 1 of 1