±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 35989
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 156

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Data recovery

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

jaclaz

Re: Data recovery

Post Posted: Mar 05, 19 09:42

"disk" does not mean "SD, microSD, CF Card or even phone".
"wipe" (actually "multiwipe") does not mean "format", nor "factory reset".

"degaussing" is an altogether different thing.

JFYI, north ALREADY asked a SSD related question:
www.forensicfocus.com/...c/t=16531/

BTW @misharajpoot, while it is nice to have a sort of "wikipedia on board", maybe you are overdoing it, posting here and there generic snippets of re-known, basic info.

jaclaz

Bolo

Post Posted: Mar 05, 19 11:17

- JaredDM
It's beginning to smell a lot like bull sh...

I don't doubt a few sectors can be read due to NAND wear leveling and the likes. Full pictures....highly unlikely. 90-95%....you're utterly lying through your teeth. And don't pretend you've got some "special hardware" no one else has. I own half the stuff you sell on your site and many other professional flash recovery systems.

Do you really think lies like this will make people respect you? You're just making yourself look dumb.

@Jaclaz - Sorry then - to fast read, missunderstood Wink

@JaredDM: My answer was related to format and I described it at begining so terminology as @watcher and @jaclaz writes was wrong - all rest are 100% correct. It's not a secret that those data are taken directly from NAND. I'm not giving false information or advertise since everyone who perform NAND recovery can confirm this. My intention was only to give other info that if format was performed and I explained what was done (format, check with RAW copy physical dump over SD) giving all 0000 DATA ARE STILL THERE. There are no lies here - this info can be usefull for someone here and if you don't belive this works then I can only leave you with this since I really don't want to get any respect from anyone, don't want to prove anything, just sharing my knowledge and instead of attack if you simply ask "how ?" I can give this info without any problem.

There are no special "hidden" hardware for NAND read since for this you can use even Arduino but assembly of image require special software so better to get it as a undle (hardware/software) - best world known devices for NAND read and assembly are Rusolut VNR, PC3000 Flash, FE

P.S
If you want to check that I'm giving true info contact with me by PM and I can explain to you how it's done or even better - send you free card and we can perform a test whch shows possiblity of use NAND protocol.

JaredDM

Post Posted: Mar 09, 19 22:11

If all you do is a Windows format (which is totally different than a "multi wipe" the OP mentioned) you still won't get all 00 00 in hex. You'd have a lot of data left behind which would be clearly visible in hex. Once it is actually wiped (meaning overwritten in every definition of the word) even by just zeros, recovery is pretty much impossible.

If you're going to be selling data recovery equipment on your site, you really should stick to arguing subjects you have a small understanding of. I realize you're probably just a sales guy tasked with forum outreach, but this is a professional forum and you'll be called out when you argue and you're stone cold wrong.

Now, there are cases where the memory storage controller can go stupid and be returning all zeros despite data actually still existing on the NAND chip(s) and in cases like that you can certainly get a good recovery using tools like PC-3000 flash and VNR (both of which we have here as well). But none of this has anything at all to do with what the OP was talking about.

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Mar 10, 19 09:01

@JaredDM: the question by the OP is/was vague, not telling what the "disk", as terminology, covers in his case

My personal remarks:

- both watcher and jaclaz gave right answers

- bolo is the most professional guy around when it comes to JTAG / ISP / chip-off, also NOR / NAND / eMMC recovery, what he wrote is 100% right, you better say sorry to him for making him look like a sales guy "only" Smile

My answer: wipe = data is gone
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

armresl

Post Posted: Mar 11, 19 00:10

agreed.

- passcodeunlock
@JaredDM: the question by the OP is/was vague, not telling what the "disk", as terminology, covers in his case

My personal remarks:

- both watcher and jaclaz gave right answers

- bolo is the most professional guy around when it comes to JTAG / ISP / chip-off, also NOR / NAND / eMMC recovery, what he wrote is 100% right, you better say sorry to him for making him look like a sales guy "only" Smile

My answer: wipe = data is gone

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2