±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 36324
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 186

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Gmail Forensics

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

rohitdharan

Gmail Forensics

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 08:40

Hello Experts.
greetings of the day.

My question is how to find the real IP of a GMAIL user?

Thanks!  

www0ut

Re: Gmail Forensics

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 10:10

I've had some luck in the past with sending an email with a tracking pixel to the subject. But success depends on the conditions, e.g. if the he/she accepts to display the images in the email.  

rohitdharan

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 10:15

OOh.. Any other method?  

marky.mark

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 14:24

I don't know the context of your investigation.

Having said that, if you have an active communication with the target you can try to trick him to click on a link (maybe to share an interesting document) and control the endpoint where is hosted the said file. You can also try this trick with a picture that is web hosted on your server and when he will allow pictures in is email, it will ping your server.

I hope this can help.

M.  

kastajamah

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 15:59

Do you suspect the user is masking their IP address?  

rohitdharan

Post Posted: Mar 27, 19 04:14

- marky.mark
I don't know the context of your investigation.

Having said that, if you have an active communication with the target you can try to trick him to click on a link (maybe to share an interesting document) and control the endpoint where is hosted the said file. You can also try this trick with a picture that is web hosted on your server and when he will allow pictures in is email, it will ping your server.

I hope this can help.

M.
i tried using a link that had a script for grabbing their IP, but the main problem is the person is not active for communication and have very much knowledge about IT field, so he/she didn't click on my link. Very Happy Very Happy  

nightworker

Post Posted: Mar 27, 19 08:11

Gmail only shows mail server ip adresses. If case in usa go court and fbi or give money any lawyer office for trial  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next