±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 35974
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 135

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

How do i know that the IP has been masked

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

rohitdharan

How do i know that the IP has been masked

Post Posted: Apr 02, 19 10:32

Hello Everyone.
Good Day to all of you.

How do i know that the IP has been masked or it is real?

Thanks!  

AmNe5iA

Re: How do i know that the IP has been masked

Post Posted: Apr 02, 19 12:45

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say, definitely!  

marky.mark

Post Posted: Apr 02, 19 13:04

Hi rohitdharan,

First of all, it is a vague question, if you give more context about your request i am sure you will have better answers.

You can use online tools to check the given ip address. Some tools like ipqualityscore will give you a score as if the ip is known to be an exit node for common vpn services or proxy. You will have a rating from 0% to 100%. You can find this tool here : www.ipqualityscore.com...-vpn-test.

There is a great tool to see if an ip is or has been an tor exit node. It is called exonerator. You can find this tool here : exonerator.torproject.org.

Good luck

M.  

rohitdharan

Post Posted: Apr 03, 19 04:19

- marky.mark
Hi rohitdharan,

First of all, it is a vague question, if you give more context about your request i am sure you will have better answers.

You can use online tools to check the given ip address. Some tools like ipqualityscore will give you a score as if the ip is known to be an exit node for common vpn services or proxy. You will have a rating from 0% to 100%. You can find this tool here : www.ipqualityscore.com...-vpn-test.

There is a great tool to see if an ip is or has been an tor exit node. It is called exonerator. You can find this tool here : exonerator.torproject.org.

Good luck

M.

ok. let me clear suppose i received an email after investigating that email i found IP like 1.2.3.4, so i want to know has suspect used VPN/proxy or the IP is real?  

AmNe5iA

Post Posted: Apr 03, 19 09:58

Even if it is a Proxy/VPN, the IP is still real. What are you asking??  

Omnius

Post Posted: Apr 03, 19 10:05

- AmNe5iA

Think they want to know if it is possible to discern whether the IP in the email is the "original" one assigned by their ISP or if they've used a VPN.  

rohitdharan

Post Posted: Apr 03, 19 11:26

- Omnius
- AmNe5iA

Think they want to know if it is possible to discern whether the IP in the email is the "original" one assigned by their ISP or if they've used a VPN.

Exactly.!  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next