±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36121
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 157

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

XRY - Slow backup operation response

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

kelash108

XRY - Slow backup operation response

Post Posted: Apr 25, 19 10:58

Hi Guys

I'm currently working with an iPhone 6 Plus (A1524). I'm trying to do an XRY extraction (version 7.12.0) and I got the following message

'Slow backup operation response:108 seconds'

I've not seen this before, could someone explain to me what it means?

I tried to re do the extraction but I got the same error and when the extraction is complete its only a partial read.

Any other suggestions as to what i can do? I've got a Cellebrite FS, Logical and an Oxygen extraction. Would like the full set to have an XRY one too.

Thanks Smile  

TobiasJ

Re: XRY - Slow backup operation response

Post Posted: Apr 26, 19 13:06

Hi Kelash,

This is a new message that was added in XRY 7.12 to essentially allow you to get a bit more feedback from XRY with what it's going. In 7.11 this would not be mentioned but could still have occured, basically we ask the device to perform a backup for us but for some reason the backup is slow to respond. If you could send the complete extraction log to support @ msab.com we'd be happy to have a look at it and hopefully resolve your issues! Apologies for any inconvenience caused!  

fissa

Post Posted: Apr 26, 19 13:53

Might be a problem with your pc/xry?
Writing the backup to a cloudstorage? or locally on a pc? Do you have another PC to test it on?  

kelash108

Post Posted: Apr 29, 19 07:06

- TobiasJ
Hi Kelash,

This is a new message that was added in XRY 7.12 to essentially allow you to get a bit more feedback from XRY with what it's going. In 7.11 this would not be mentioned but could still have occured, basically we ask the device to perform a backup for us but for some reason the backup is slow to respond. If you could send the complete extraction log to support @ msab.com we'd be happy to have a look at it and hopefully resolve your issues! Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Hi thanks for the reply, i'll send the extraction log over at some point today Smile Thanks again!  

kelash108

Post Posted: Apr 29, 19 07:08

- fissa
Might be a problem with your pc/xry?
Writing the backup to a cloudstorage? or locally on a pc? Do you have another PC to test it on?

Hi thanks for the reply!

It was locally on my PC. I tried to change the cable I was using as well to rule that out. I've got access to another machine today so that's my next thing to try Smile  

Page 1 of 1