±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35997
New Yesterday: 9 Visitors: 146

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS ?

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2, 3  Next 

mahsanqureshi

WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS ?

Post Posted: May 04, 19 09:29

Hello,

I am doing a project on computer forensics and I need to analyze the EXIF metadata of Images (JPEG) & Video files taken from smart phone.

I have tried the below mentioned tools. I am little bit satisfied with EXIF Pro, but GPS/Location entries of images are not accurate as shown in picture properties in mobile , i.e EXIF Pro shows slightly different location from where the photos were taken .

1. EXIF Pro. (http://www.exifpro.com/)

2. Exif Viewer (https://download.cnet.com/EXIF-Viewer/3000-2193_4-75912951.html)

3. Exif Data Viewer. (http://www.exifdataviewer.com/)

4. ExifTool by Phil Harvey

Please recommend any best EXIF tool which gives best results for analysis of Images & Videos metadata.

Thank you  

dandaman_24

Re: WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS

Post Posted: May 04, 19 11:04

Have a look at irfanview.  

athulin

Re: WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS ?

Post Posted: May 04, 19 11:16

- mahsanqureshi
... but GPS/Location entries of images are not accurate as shown in picture properties in mobile , i.e EXIF Pro shows slightly different location from where the photos were taken .

And what does that mean ... 'slightly different'? What is the error? Are you saying that the tool desn't convert the EXIF data correctly?

Or are you saying that the GPS data, at the time it was collected, had an error that is larger than what you should expect from consumer equipment?

If it's the original data that happens to be wrong, no tool in the world can make it right without extra work. I hope that goes without saying ...  

mahsanqureshi

Post Posted: May 04, 19 12:10

- dandaman_24

Ok Thank You, I will download it  

mahsanqureshi

Re: WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS ?

Post Posted: May 04, 19 13:43

- athulin
- mahsanqureshi
... but GPS/Location entries of images are not accurate as shown in picture properties in mobile , i.e EXIF Pro shows slightly different location from where the photos were taken .

And what does that mean ... 'slightly different'? What is the error? Are you saying that the tool desn't convert the EXIF data correctly?

Yes,, there is difference of some points in GPS coordinates values int tool exif info. Tool dont show the exact GPS coordinates where the photo was taken.  

mahsanqureshi

Post Posted: May 04, 19 13:51

- dandaman_24

I have tried irfanview now, Results of EXIF Pro & IrfanView are same approximately. irfanview supports VIDEO, but I could not found EXIF options for video.  

Last edited by mahsanqureshi on May 08, 19 00:16; edited 1 time in total

mahsanqureshi

Post Posted: May 06, 19 03:23

Hi,

finally I have found a better EXIF reader which also gives most appropriate EXIF GPS locations (xyz coordinates) of IMAGES & VIDEOS as well.

The tool name is : MediaInfo. MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for images, video and audio files.

MediaInfo can be downloaded from this link: MediaArea.net

Thank you all for you kind replies.  

Page 1 of 3
Page 1, 2, 3  Next