±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36125
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 121

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS ?

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 

athulin

Re: WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS ?

Post Posted: May 08, 19 11:54

- mahsanqureshi
I were just wondering , If there is there any list of forensics tools/software which are applicable in court , issued by any international authorized body ??

Not as far as I know.

The basis of such a list would probably need to be a large number of test suites, that focus on single issues: does a tool report correct geographical coordinates correctly and unambiguously? Does it report bad coordinates in a suitable manner? ... and so on for each single piece of information that we need to rely on to be correct in court: time stamps, master file records, registry file entries, log files, file systems, archive file formats, document file structures, ...

And as far as I know, there are no comprehensive test suites either. NIST has a Computer Forensic Tool Testing Program, and the Federated Testing Program that are interesting, but only covers some parts of the full spectrum. I've dabbled in this area myself (Sourceforce project CompForTest).

In twenty years ... perhaps.  

mahsanqureshi

Re: WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS ?

Post Posted: May 08, 19 17:24

yes agree  

martjno

Re: WHICH TOOLS TO ANALYZE EXIF METADATA of IMAGES & VIDEOS

Post Posted: May 11, 19 04:24

Hi, I am from Amped Software, first of all thanks a lot for the nice words about Amped FIVE and Amped Authenticate.

I want to add my two cents here. While only looking at the images may not be enough for your case, in Authenticate we have also a Social Media Identification filter. If you have pictures downloaded from social media, it can search for typical traces. Of course, given the rapid and often unknown changes in social media processing of images, the comparison cannot be always exaustive, but it can give you some indicative information. You can read more about it here: blog.ampedsoftware.com...ication%22

For what regards a list of court approved tools, I am not aware of any official certifications for this kind of products. And, in any case, these are just tools and as such can be used either in the right or in the wrong way. As developers, it's our duty to help minimize the human error as much as possible, but the other half of the responsibility is in the hands of the user.

We have written some time ago about the validity of our tools in court, you can check the article here: blog.ampedsoftware.com...ensic-use/  

mahsanqureshi

Post Posted: May 23, 19 18:24

Thank you martjno for valuable cmments.  

Hackexplorer

Post Posted: May 24, 19 23:33

Hi

Why dont you check the online fotoforensics.com/ medata data analysys. it gives some rich information

check this out

mahsanqureshi

Post Posted: May 25, 19 15:19

- Hackexplorer
Hi

Why dont you check the online fotoforensics.com/ medata data analysys. it gives some rich information

check this out

I have checked this earlier, but this dont support video files .. which tool you would recommend for video metadata analysis ?  

Page 3 of 3
Page Previous  1, 2, 3