±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36134
New Yesterday: 6 Visitors: 160

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Recover files from USB RAW partition

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 

banderas20

Re: Recover files from USB RAW partition

Post Posted: Aug 27, 19 15:43

@Passmark,

The data is confidential. Thank you anyway Smile
I don't know how it got to this state. I think it was stored unused for a long time and when I tried to use it, surprise!

@mscotgrove
Go-Pro videocamera.  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Aug 28, 19 06:47

- banderas20

Go-Pro videocamera.

You will then need a specific data recovery software.

As mscotgrove noted earlier, a GoPro has a rather complex way of storing data, so even if you manage to carve single files you may be unable to re-assemble them properly.

There are zillions different "Go Pro data recovery" programs, most made by software houses that simply make "generic" data recovery software re-tagged "Go Pro" (and even the "base" recovery program is often crap, BTW).

The only two I know of that come from surely reliable people are:
lc-tech.com (lc-tech is partner of SanDisk for data recovery)

Please note what they have to say about GoPro:

Please note: GoPro video recoveries are more complex than standard video recoveries due to the way that the GoPro camera writes the video files to the card. When the GoPro camera is writing a video file, it will save a low-resolution and a high-resolution video at the same time; with each video having multiple parts. When recovering these videos, you need to recover all parts of the file in the correct order and to a single file, this typically requires the original file structure to do so as it keeps track of all the different parts.
If you have taken any further photos or videos since losing your GoPro videos, please contact a member of our support team for further advise as recovery may not be possible through software.

And of course:
recovergopro.com/goprorecovery.co.uk

which is by CNW Recovery, i.e. essentially by our friend mscotgrove Very Happy , definitely someone that knows where his towel is.

If I were you I wouldn't wait one second more and get the latter, even the "forensic version" is more than affordable and in any case a demo is provided, so you can try it at no cost.

Please note how - had you stated from the start (without revealing any particularly confidential info) that it was a gopro, you would have avoided a few days of completely vane efforts and "generic" (and also vane) suggestions by various forum members.

jaclaz

banderas20

Post Posted: Aug 28, 19 14:41

Very useful info!

- jaclaz

Please note how - had you stated from the start (without revealing any particularly confidential info) that it was a gopro, you would have avoided a few days of completely vane efforts and "generic" (and also vane) suggestions by various forum members.

jaclaz

I didn't know it made any difference if it was a GoPro or any other brand.

Believe me. If I had known, I'd had provided the info.

I'll try these softwares.

Thanks!  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Aug 28, 19 18:33

- banderas20

I didn't know it made any difference if it was a GoPro or any other brand.

Believe me. If I had known, I'd had provided the info.

I understand you didn't know (and that you didn't know you didn't know Shocked ) and that you were in perfect good faith Smile .

It was only a friendly - rest assured - note for next time you ask a question the more details you provide (within limits of course) the more likely it is that someone will come out with a "good" answer, compare with the advice here:

jdebp.eu/FGA/problem-r...itany.html

Even without naming the make, had you specified "an SD card used to record video, taken from a camera", most probably answers would have been more focused.

Of course, in a perfect world and in theory there shouldn't be any difference in the recoverability of contents of a SD card (or in the process involved), but the nature of data ("normal" data, audio, images, video, etc.) and the actual hardware/software used to write the data (and also the actual media) often makes a difference in practice

jaclaz

Page 3 of 3
Page Previous  1, 2, 3