±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36317
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 180

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Tool for browser forensic investigation

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Z899090

Tool for browser forensic investigation

Post Posted: Dec 03, 19 11:36

Does anyone know of a good software/tool whether open-source or paid (not expensive) that is for browser forensic investigation. Basically an alternative for axiom/IEF?  

Last edited by Z899090 on Dec 03, 19 12:37; edited 1 time in total

Bunnysniper

Re: Tool for internet investigation

Post Posted: Dec 03, 19 12:19

- Z899090
Does anyone know of a good software/tool whether open-source or paid (not expensive) that is for internet investigation. Basically an alternative for axiom/IEF?

I have no idea what a "internet investigation" could be. Much more details please - is it a website, a webserver or a cloud service?

Z899090

Re: Tool for browser forensic investigation

Post Posted: Dec 03, 19 12:38

Sorry reworded my post, i meant to say browser forensic; basically a cheap alternative to axiom/IEF.  

hommy0

Post Posted: Dec 03, 19 13:28

Do you have access to any other forensic tools such as EnCase or FTK? Both of these will include the ability to parse internet browser related artifacts.
Alternatives, could be
1) Net Analysis by Craig Wilson of Digital Detective - haven’t used it for a while and not sure of the cost.
2) Tools from NirSoft (nirsoft.net) these are free
3) Many of the browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) are SQLite based - at least for internet history. An extraction of the database and constructing a SQLite query could be useful.

Finally I’m sure there are a number of python scripts written, that may also help.

Regards  

Z899090

Post Posted: Dec 03, 19 13:57

Thanks hommy0. Have you used foxton forensics, if so whats your opinion?  

keydet89

Post Posted: Dec 04, 19 01:30

- Z899090
Sorry reworded my post, i meant to say browser forensic; basically a cheap alternative to axiom/IEF.

Any particular browser? There are plenty of free tools available, such as hindsight, etc.  

sovietpecker

Post Posted: Dec 04, 19 11:43

I have been using EnCase to accomplish for a few years now. I can attest to the fact that EnCase does a pretty neat job when analysisng data extracted from various browsers. I heard from some colleagues in the iundustry that both Magnet Axiom and Belkasaoft offer similar solutions but I have not tested those yet.

In EnCase the option is available while perfroming processing. When you select the browser artifacts option it allows you to easily extract information from the the image file.  

Page 1 of 1