±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36434
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 190

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Car Number plate blur

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

rohitdharan

Car Number plate blur

Post Posted: Dec 06, 19 10:35

hello experts,
i have a blur car number plate image, please unblur the number, the image URL is given below
thank you

postimg.cc/JDbzB4CZ  

jaclaz

Re: Car Number plate blur

Post Posted: Dec 06, 19 19:24

- rohitdharan
hello experts,
i have a blur car number plate image, please unblur the number, the image URL is given below
thank you

postimg.cc/JDbzB4CZ

At first sight, it doesn't seem like simply "motion-blurred", it looks like it has been *somehow* compressed vertically. Confused

Anyway, you are losing a LOT of resolution by posting what appears as being a screenshot, as opposed to the actual image/jpeg, which in itself looks like having a decent resolution - 3840*2160 should be the actual size of the image, what you posted - the useful part - is roughly 820*460. Shocked

Do you have only that single frame, or do you have a number of other frames where the car/license plate is visible? Question

jaclaz

watcher

Re: Car Number plate blur

Post Posted: Dec 07, 19 16:15

As jaclaz pointed out, you've already lost approximately 80% of your image quality by taking a picture of a picture.

Go back to the original footage. With that big of a quality difference, I suspect no additional processing will be necessary.

In the event that even an original is insufficient, because it's a video:

Use multiple frames
Isolate the plate
"Align" and "Stack" the plate images. ("Hugin" or similar stacking software)

Again, I suspect an original full resolution image is all you need.  

Page 1 of 1