±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35984
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 189

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Computer Forensics JumpStart

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2, 3  Next 

tmbstone

Computer Forensics JumpStart

Post Posted: Nov 21, 05 21:03

Anyone know anything about this book? What are the top 3 recommended books for trying to learn about techniques and procedures for Computer Forensics?  

keydet89

Re: Computer Forensics JumpStart

Post Posted: Nov 21, 05 21:10

> Anyone know anything about this book?

Amazon has a review. Google returns links to other reviews, as well as Synopsis entries.

HTH,

Harlan  

tmbstone

Post Posted: Nov 21, 05 21:23

Thank you. I was really looking for opinions from people on this site who are active in the field.  

arashiryu

Post Posted: Nov 21, 05 21:26

I know the author and have attended his training classes. Haven't read the book yet, but his class was awesome and very informative.  

techmerlin

Post Posted: Nov 21, 05 21:27

tmbstone,

This book is a nice place to start. I trained under one of the authors 'Neil Broom' and his knowledge and experience are well reflected in this book. The book will give you a first hand understanding of the industry from an insiders view.

Hope this helps  

tmbstone

Post Posted: Nov 21, 05 22:01

Thanks guys! There are just so many books and Certs out there...just not sure where to start.  

cblume

Post Posted: Nov 21, 05 22:56

I have read most of this book. It didn't impress me at all. It's a surface-level book with a lot of wasted space, maybe if you want to skim it in a bookstore ...

My book recommendation certainly has to go to "Real Digital Forensics" by Keith Jones. It's quite new, and the most comprehensive that I've seen. Hopefully I'll get a chance to sit down and write a full review on it.  

Page 1 of 3
Page 1, 2, 3  Next