±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 36303
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 158

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Software Blocker

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 

zetaz

Re: Software Blocker

Post Posted: Aug 31, 18 07:42

You can download a free write blocker at the ACES website (you have to register)
Advanced Computer Examination Support for Law Enforcement
This writeblocker is able to block a lot of media, not only usb It work on windows XP to 10 , 32 and 64 bits.

https://www.acesle.org
The software they made previously "writeblocker xp" was tested by U.S. Department of Justice"
https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/508_Test%20Report_NIST_SWB_Writeblocker_Windows_XP_V6_10_0_Jan_2008_Final.pdf

WriteBlocker - 64 Bit Overview

WriteBlocker is an ACES forensic tool that executes on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 operating systems. WriteBlocker prevents all intentional, unintentional, and system-initiated write attempts to any user-specified blocked computer media. WriteBlocker can be configured to block all write attempts on any local or connected network storage device - including hard disk drives, floppy disks, and removable media - except for the system boot disk. WriteBlocker saves the blocked/unblocked status for each attached media when the system is restarted. WriteBlocker can also prevent write operations to connected network storage devices as well, and can detect additions and removals of "hot pluggable" devices and then automatically write-block them by default.

Supported Storage Devices:
* Floppy drives
* CD-R/CD-RW drives
* DVD+R/DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW drives
* Hard drives
* Zip drives
* MO drives
* Microdrives
* USB flash (jump) drives
* ATA flash cards
* CompactFlash cards
* Memory sticks
* Multimedia Cards (MMC)
* Secure Digital (SD) cards
* SmartMedia cards
* xD-Picture cards

Supported Device Interfaces:
* IDE, SCSI, USB, IEEE 1394(Firewire), PCMCIA, SATA

Main Features

Automated installation of drivers through the WriteBlocker Graphical User Interface (GUI) and automated installation process.

Fully configurable (i.e., enabling and disabling) blocking for local and network mounted volumes.

Two-dimensional blocking for any local volume - block physical and file system access to volume.

Blocking support for fixed and removable media.

Support for dynamic volume configuration (i.e., blocking on volumes added after Windows has started).

Multiple Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI) card support.

Auto-scanning for additional IDE controllers.

Seamless undetectable operation within the kernel.

New Features/Release Notes

Updated WriteBlocker to install/run under Windows 10. WriteBlocker is now supported on the following operating systems (both 32 and 64-bit): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Aug 31, 18 09:41

- zetaz
You can download a free write blocker at the ACES website (you have to register)...

....ONLY if you are a LEO:

New User Registration

To request access to the ACES website, please submit the following two items to the email address listed below. These forms will be automatically generated by using our "Request for Access" function. You will receive an official request number that must be on the Letter of Request.

1) Letter of request - The letter must be on official agency letterhead paper or stationary and signed by the individual requesting access. The letter should reference the ACES website, and should include the following information:
  • Agency name
  • Mailing address (include country)
  • Telephone number
  • Fax number
  • Individual's name
  • Title/Position within agency
  • Email address
  • Individual's telephone number (if different than agency's number)
  • Official request number (generated by the system when you fill out the " Request for Access" form).

2) Signed "Use and Redistribution Policy" form - The form must be signed by the individual who is requesting access.

Additionally, you cannot use it outside official work , and you need to "notify" them EVERY TIME you used it and the results ended up in a judicial case:
www.acesle.org/resourc...Policy.pdf

7. ACES materials will ONLY be used in the course of performing your job functions on
behalf of your agency. They will NOT be used for any other purpose outside the scope of
your employment/representation.
8. As a condition to the use of ACES materials the ACES Program requires notification
by e-mail before or contemporaneous to the introduction of any ACES-related materials,
or portions thereof, as a marked exhibit offered for or moved into evidence in any
judicial, administrative, legislative or adjudicatory hearing or other proceeding (including
discover proceedings) in the United States or any Foreign country. Such notification
shall include: 1) the formal name of the proceeding, including docket number or similar
identifier; 2) the name and location of the body conducting the hearing or proceeding; 3)
the name, mailing address (if available) and contact information of the party offering or
moving the ACES material into evidence. Notifications should be emailed to the ACES
Program Manager at acesadmin @ acesle.org.

not exactly "free".

jaclaz

zetaz

Post Posted: Aug 31, 18 11:07

oups, i'm not sure i email them each time i use it.
For the more, Even if the US are the "Master Of The World (or universe maybe) " I'm not sure they have to know detail of each judiciary cases over the world... ( they have NSA for that)
Of Course, i'm LE  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Aug 31, 18 12:28

- zetaz
oups, i'm not sure i email them each time i use it.
For the more, Even if the US are the "Master Of The World (or universe maybe) " I'm not sure they have to know detail of each judiciary cases over the world... ( they have NSA for that)
Of Course, i'm LE

You know, noone will care if you notify them or not Smile , but surely the NSA (or another three or more letter agency) has a dossier opened on your name where they keep track of all the times you failed to notify them Shocked , just in case.

It is just like the questions on "entrance" or "arrival" cards (in the US and in other countries like - say - in Australia) a number of questions are totally meaningless or the answer is obvious, but if you provide incorrect info, it is an official document, and you are "lying to the government".

jaclaz

zetaz

Post Posted: Aug 31, 18 13:02

Laughing Of course i never , never use this software. Exclamation
But, if I had used it, I'm sure I would have found it very useful and effective...  

vkskain

Post Posted: Sep 11, 18 05:43

- jaclaz

Via Wayback Machine:
web.archive.org/web/20...ources.php

The "current" (since 2012) page is here:
forensiccontrol.com/re...-software/
but the list is "no more", cache of the "new" pages with list, starting from:
web.archive.org/web/20...-software/

jaclaz

Thanks for your support...I learned a new thing today. thanks again.  

Page 4 of 4
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4