±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36205
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 104

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

iPhone Spy Stick

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

hcso1510

Re: iPhone Spy Stick

Post Posted: Nov 29, 10 08:30

A price tag of 200 bucks is quite attractive. Can anyone give a review of this product and just how good is it at recovering deleted data? I'm sure Paraben thinks they are great at it, but it would be nice to hear from someone that has been using it in the field.

Cheers!  

mekaniq

Post Posted: Nov 29, 10 15:52

I have one but it doesn't work very well, takes long hours to complete analysis.

There is an updated software version; I'll try it and write a review...  

couchie

Post Posted: Nov 30, 12 03:03

I read these posts prior to another unit in my department buying this (tired of waiting for a check to get cut for something more 'forensically sound')

It has now been passed back my way and I have used it a few times. Not sure I have enough experience to give an absolute opinion on it's functionality.

I can however tell you that if you have an iPhone running iOS V 6 or greater, don't waste your money. I spent all day, trying this on three different machines before I finally called Brickhouse. The 'support' person I spoke with advised that the stick does not work with iOS 6 or greater and they don't' expect an update for at least three or four months.

Maybe this will convince those with the mighty signatures for forensic software to cut loose of some money.  

paraben

Post Posted: Nov 30, 12 21:13

Just to clarify some things. The Brickhouse unit is not the same as Paraben's iRecovery Stick. The iRecovery Stick does support iOS 6 for iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch devices.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2