±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36775
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 114

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Ipod - Ipad - forensic acquisition without specific tools

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

gremodic

Ipod - Ipad - forensic acquisition without specific tools

Post Posted: Sep 30, 10 20:39

Ok i have buyed a forensic kit to analyze this kind of evidence but i must give back this evidence before than the kit arrive....so i need to do something....what can i do with a freeware tools i wnat to do an image of the device and afeter analyze this...how i can do this? thanks a lot to all and excuse if i'm not clear  

stephtps

Re: Ipod - Ipad - forensic acquisition without specific tool

Post Posted: Sep 30, 10 21:05

Hi, I am not sure if you meant imaging the device completely or if you want to be able to capture certain information from the phone. To perform a full backup, it is my understanding that you must jailbreak the phone and install a ssh application on it that will allow you to do a DD.

I have some free tools on my site that will allow you to copy evidence off an Iphone / Ipod.

herouxapps.com/wordpress/?p=3651

Good luck  

Maroon

Re: Ipod - Ipad - forensic acquisition without specific tools

Post Posted: Oct 01, 10 02:21

Hi Stephtps

I have not tried it yet, but by using this software, does it mean that you can still see all the files when mounted it on your PC even if the iphone, ipad or ipod is passcode/password protected??

If your answer is yes, this is amazing!

I can't wait till I test those apple products above.

Many thanks  

gremodic

Post Posted: Oct 01, 10 19:17

yes i want to do a backup....in this mode i can return the device to the police and after i can analyze with more calm in another time  

gremodic

Post Posted: Oct 01, 10 19:31

ok what kind of SSH application i can install and how? thank you so much for attention  

gremodic

Post Posted: Oct 05, 10 13:48

But, this is an irripetible acquisition so i must advice the other side.....or not?  

Page 1 of 1