±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 3 Overall: 36017
New Yesterday: 10 Visitors: 158

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Looking to get into the Forensics Business in PA

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

keydet89

Re: Looking to get into the Forensics Business in PA

Post Posted: Jan 26, 06 01:18

DigitalExodus...

I'm confused. I listed 4 sites to check, and your response was that you got "not even one hit on either site". The use of the word "either" indicates that perhaps only two sites were checked.

I ran a quick search off of SimplyHired.com, using "computer forensics" as the keyword entry, and "Pittsburgh, PA" as the location. I got three hits, one of which led to the below link:

www.careermole.com/job...10374.html

Now, I know it says "senior" but that means they are looking. Maybe they'd be interested in bringing someone on at a lower level, and training them. It never hurts to ask...I've done it and been pleasently surprised at the answers I've received.

Harlan  

debaser_

Post Posted: Jan 26, 06 03:04

I know this may be a little off topic, but does anyone know if there are any government forensics jobs for civilians? I think that normal forensic investigation positions are open to civilians, but from what I have seen the digital side of things is only open to law enforcement. In NJ i asked the state police, and i was told that after becoming a trooper, you could apply to that unit in 2-3 years.  

keydet89

Post Posted: Jan 26, 06 03:13

Yes, there are many gov't forensics jobs for civilians. Usually, these are through consulting/gov't contracting organizations.

Harlan  

debaser_

Post Posted: Jan 26, 06 03:34

- keydet89
Yes, there are many gov't forensics jobs for civilians. Usually, these are through consulting/gov't contracting organizations.

Harlan

Yeah I didnt mean through a contract though. I meant working directly with law enforcement or a prosecuters office and employed by the gov. I just wanna get a feel for the different places one could gain employment.

Edit. forgot how to spell for a second Cool  

schlecht

Post Posted: Jan 26, 06 09:09

In PA we're always looking depending on your experience. PM me.

hookem94

Post Posted: Jan 26, 06 20:48

For Federal jobs you can go to www.usajobs.com/ and search for computer forensics opportunities. However you will be hard pressed to get a position in the Pittsburgh area.

You can also look into the Pittsburgh chapter of the HTCIA www.pawesthtcia.org/ if you currently hold a security related technical position.

Hope this helps.

"There are three kinds of death in this world.
There's heart death, there's brain death, and
there's being off the network." 

DigitalExodus

Post Posted: Jan 26, 06 21:10

Keydet89...

Yes you are correct, but my mistake, as i was reading your post, i saw careerbuilder, and monster, and i think since i did indeed check at those two places i just disregaurded or missed the other two places you posted, but i have followed up on them, thank you for the informatioin, and my apologies on the confusion.

Schlecht....

Thank you for your reply, i have PM'd you with more information.

DavidSullivan

Thank you for your information, i have contacted the person you suggested concerning oppertunities in forensics.

And thanks in advance for everyone who has/and will respond do this post so quickly since it was created, its helped me greatly.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2