±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35984
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 156

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Blackberry Date/Time and a question about Amber

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

seanmcl

Blackberry Date/Time and a question about Amber

Post Posted: Dec 07, 10 02:19

I received a Blackberry from Europe for recovery of e-mail messages. The sender decided that the device should be left turned on even though it was not password protected. At this point, I don't know how long of a time elapsed between the device seizure and my receipt, however, it appears from the call log that the last call was on October 12, 2010.

I got the device on November 22nd.

There are no SMS or e-mail messages and a BES is not configured, at least at this point. I do not know if the user sent/received e-mail on the device.

But the strange thing is that the Date/Time application says that the current date is March 19, 2010.

I am trying to think of all possible scenarios where the date would be changed to some time in the distant past and would appreciate hearing other's suggestions.

Also, I am trying to find out how to register a copy pf Amber Blackberry Converter but all of the Buy links say that the software is no longer available for purchase even though an evaluation copy can be downloaded from the web site (the "Buy Now" link is an anchor but there is no corresponding link).

Thanks in advance.

Sean  

burratha

Re: Blackberry Date/Time and a question about Amber

Post Posted: Dec 07, 10 03:27

Sean... give me a shout offline. I have experienced something similar, and may also be able to give some suggestions as to the lack of messages on the device.  

seanmcl

Re: Blackberry Date/Time and a question about Amber

Post Posted: Dec 07, 10 20:44

- burratha
Sean... give me a shout offline. I have experienced something similar, and may also be able to give some suggestions as to the lack of messages on the device.

I PM'd you but I don't know if you got it. My e-mail is mclinden <at> informed <dot> net.  

Page 1 of 1