±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 32923
New Yesterday: 6 Visitors: 209

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

EnCase Bug?

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 

Re: EnCase Bug?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:04 pm

- jaclaz

Nice to know about the "new.chm" naming, a rather smart approach 8O, if I may, since the documents are "release notes" not including previous history,

Colour me embarrassed -- those .chm documents *do* contain past release notes -- it's just a question of reading all entries in the TOC. The latest version (6.19) I have even allows me to search for the defect ID -- pity I didn't try that one first, as the 6.13 version doesn't do that.

I mean, a "plain", "normal" changelog is "progressive" includes (logs) ALL changes since at least first public release, that is what "allows" to name it "fixed" as changelog.txt.

well ... but how did you go from release notes to a change log, or even assume the change log is public?

If you go to Guidance support site (which is where everyone with an Encase license starts researching a question like this), and search for defect 21419, you won't get any hit. It was almost certainly entered as a private defect, which means the details won't be availalble to everyone. In such case, if you want details, you ask Guidance Support for info. And after that I didn't really expect there to be any details in the release notes.  

athulin

Re: EnCase Bug?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:57 pm

- athulin

Colour me embarrassed -- those .chm documents *do* contain past release notes -- it's just a question of reading all entries in the TOC. The latest version (6.19) I have even allows me to search for the defect ID -- pity I didn't try that one first, as the 6.13 version doesn't do that.

No need to.
It was actually myself that *assumed* that the .chm's you were talking about were a "better, hyperindexed" (and reserved to licensed customers) version of the .pdf "Release Notes"such as (example):
www.guidancesoftware.c...N9V2ybKQZK
That are actually "named" after the version:
Release_Notes_v615.zip
Release_Notes_v6161.zip
release_notes_v618.zip
that are "normal" "release notes" i.e. with no history since the beginning.

jaclaz

jaclaz

Page 6 of 6
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6