±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35745
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 131

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Beefing up the CV!

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

zekituredi

Beefing up the CV!

Post Posted: Feb 11, 12 21:01

I am a soon to be Computer Forensic graduate and wondering on any good ways of making my CV shine that little bit brighter.

I have currently had a year in industry with a Law Enforcement agency and I am expected a 2:1 or above; but I am wondering if I can do anymore to make myself look better to possible employers.

I am tempted to take the Encase Computer Forensics 1 course, although all the topics covered have already been covered by my university degree would the Encase course look better on my CV?

Thank you for any feedback in advance.  

thall

Re: Beefing up the CV!

Post Posted: Feb 12, 12 03:55

Hi,

your placement definitely helps you, but I would recommend doing the Access Data Certified Examiner. It is free to take, and doesn't take long to study. You can also take the exam using the free version of FTK.  

Beef246

Post Posted: Feb 17, 12 05:46

Never forget the importance of non-technical skills, report writing, presentation skills, communication skills, these are all important aspects for the courtroom. You could have all the technical skills in the world, but if you can't explain processes in a clear and succinct manner it won't reflect well. I know space is (very( limited, so this should only take a line or 2 max on your CV.

Your previous experience is definitely going to help. You could also include working experience with open source / free tools that you may have toyed with outside of your course.

I would also recommend the Access Data exam as it is pretty quick and straight forward (in my opinion).  

zekituredi

Post Posted: Feb 18, 12 16:41

Thanks guys for your response. I have had a look at the ACE course and signed myself up for it. Don't have a lot of experience with FTK due to mostly working on Encase so I have downloaded the free version and currently having a play around.

I have had court room training and created reports on a regular basis but I have realised I have not made this as clear as I should have on my CV, which I will now fix asap. Again thank you again for the replies.  

Page 1 of 1