Belkasoft: Focus on Usability 2017
The situation changed when the first Belkasoft products entered the market. With the slogan “Forensics made easier”, the company tried to introduce tools which do not require in-depth training to conduct productive digital investigations. That’s why our software quickly became quite popular among our first customers.
In this article, we would like to describe usability improvements in our flagship computer, mobile, and cloud forensics product, Belkasoft Evidence Center, that were introduced over the course of the year 2017.
Among the most notable features aimed to refine usability of Belkasoft Evidence Center are:
• Dashboard showing essential case info
• Predefined searches, automatically performed without explicit manual actions
• Connection between extracted artifacts and their origin raw data. Origin Path property is a great addition that helps understand where this or that artifact came from
• Bubble view for chats, showing communication as it is presented in an app on a device
• Reworked Bookmarks and Timeline windows, helping to mark interesting data and see all date-time stamps
• TaskManager window, conveniently showing all running tasks
• SQLite Viewer window, which helps to review existing database rows as well as deleted and data in SQLite unallocated
• Reworked Add Data Source window, touch-screen friendly and allowing to quickly and easily add and analyze a device or image
• Multiple smaller usability enhancements
Let’s look at these features in detail: https://belkasoft.com/bec-usability-2017