AFOSI Special Agent - Digital Forensic Examiner
The Air Force Office of Special Investigations is hiring GS-1811-13 Special Agents for Digital Forensic Consultant (DFC) positions.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 03-20-JRN-EXT-01
SALARY RANGE $78,681 - $102,288/Per Year (does not include locality pay)
OPEN PERIOD 26 March 2020 – 10 April 2020
DUTY LOCATIONS Quantico, VA, Linthicum, MD, Buckley AFB, CO, MacDill AFB, FL, Joint Base San Antonio (Lackland), TX, and other locations if they become available.
SERIES & GRADE GS-1811-13. These will be primary (rigorous) law enforcement positions.
• Independently plans, organizes and conducts criminal investigations of alleged or suspected violations of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) and/or federal criminal laws (e.g., Title 10 and 18 of the US Code) of the United States affecting Air
Force personnel and resources.
• Provide a full range of digital forensics support to criminal, fraud, counterintelligence, and counterespionage operations and investigations. This includes conducting complete digital forensic exams and analysis, rapid response to provide onsite digital forensic support, and provide expert consultations on all digital-related matters for OSI.
• Organizes and manages comprehensive counterintelligence investigations involving highly delicate matters of interest to high echelon government officials, and briefs management officials on the status of these investigations.
• Develops criminal investigative reports upon completion of each assignment for facilitating determination of appropriate actions and final decision.
• Provides evidence and data in preparation for adjudication of criminal cases.
• Coordinates criminal investigative activity with other federal, state and local agencies as well as foreign governments on matters related to criminal investigations and resolves jurisdictional problems in accordance with established policies.
• Periodically briefs senior DoD management, investigative personnel, attorneys and other interested parties on criminal investigative and other matters.
• Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with all local, state and federal law enforcement entities
Please see the following website for additional details https://www.osi.af.mil/OSI-Careers/Civilians/