Forensic Imger review , Pls. suggest right device
Its good to know Faithful Tableau are working . D
However I am looking for a standalone device which will work in onsite field imaging.
Atola will be of great use for inlab cloning.
My basic requirement is as following –
1) Create multiple copies from single source / cloning and imaging
2) SHA verification
3) Multiple disk wiping.
So I am looking for a dump imager which will clone 100% working hard disks ( for firmware level work we already have PC3000 UDMA)
We have often noticed issues with high-tech devices which are not rugged industrial grade.
They have proprietoary cables /connectors / adapters and power supplies.
In case of any issue with device either you will have to send it to manufacturer.
Sending device from asia to Europe with customs charges are so high, I can get a brand new imager in it. It will be having dense SMD and multilayer pcb which no one will be able to repair post sale / post warranty.
So we will prefer industrial grade rugged device than the one having advanced features.
Thank you for explaining your product expectations. Yes, it looks like a cheap standalone imager would suit you the best. However, I have a feeling Atola Insight Forensic is still a viable option in this case. Look how it could be working for you
1. Imaging from source to 3 targets in parallel. With the max speed of 500 MB/s.
2. While imaging, all free SATA/USB ports can be used for simultaneous SHA hashing or wiping.
3. Atola offers Lifetime warranty for the product http//atola.com/products/insight/warranty.html
4. While Atola Insight Forenic is not a standalone system, it is lightweight and is used by our clients as a field device. We also bring it to exhibitions all the time demonstrating Atola hardware unit connected to Microsoft Surface Pro. The combination of our unit and small laptop is quite close to being standalone. I carry it in a small backpack with my MacBook laptop.
This is what it looked liked at Forensic Europe Expo 2017 in London two weeks ago
I hope I am not too promotional here. Just sincerely want to share our many years of experience. Maybe you'll find it helpful in your further market research.
There is absolutely no doubt Atola is far more advanced than any competitior .
I totally agree. My concern was since in my country users are not that sophisticated nor there is return on investment ( being a cost sensitive market in asia. So unlike Europe & USA earining are far less) So I will have to use product for at least 5 years and cant afford to change it very often)
Naturally I will have to prefer a device which will last long than its features. So unfortunately despite Atola being superior have to choose simple but rugged device.
Hope you will understand.