4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
noahb2868
(@noahb2868)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

All,
I have two powerbooks, one is a 520c and the other is a 145b. The drive is a 2.5" scsi 17mm 160 MB 50 pin. Does anyone have a connector for this or any idea how to acquire such a device as there are no ports to connect a USB or other device. Any ideas?

Noah

Posted : 24/03/2010 4:29 am
Beetle
(@beetle)
Reputable Member

These can be set to target disk mode but you require a specialized adaptor that switches out certain of the pins in the SCSI port on the Powerbook. I don't know where you would find these things anymore other than on ebay. Apple had their own version and there were some after-market ones made. I do have one on hand.

Posted : 24/03/2010 5:57 am
noahb2868
(@noahb2868)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Beetle, thanks for the info. I do know about target disc mode, but it was not working. I have looked at ebay and other places, but have not found anything. I just need the connector for these two drives and I will most likely never need that type of connector again.

If I could borrow your connector and will send it back to you, would be greatly appreciated, I would pay for shipping. Let me know if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks…

Posted : 24/03/2010 8:56 pm
Beetle
(@beetle)
Reputable Member

PM me on this and we'll look at setting something up.

Posted : 25/03/2010 12:44 am
Share: