Notifications
Clear all

Recommendations for imager/duplicators

5 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
(@chriscdw)
Topic starter

Hi All, looking for some recommendations for new onsite collection hardware. We're Currently using TD2U and TX1s. but looking for something that can handle more hard drives at once.

I have looked at the Logicube Falcon-Neo, but was wondering if other people have any other recommendations?

Thanks

Posted : 19/07/2022 11:39 am
UnallocatedClusters
(@unallocatedclusters)
Honorable Member

Atola Technology: 

12+ Simultaneous Imaging Sessions

https://atola.com/products/taskforce/simultaneous-imaging.html

We buy our forensic equipment through Digital Intelligence, who has always provided reliable service: 

https://digitalintelligence.com/store/products/atola-taskforce-forensic-system-includes-one-year-subscription-to-software-updates-and-support?taxon_id=21

DISCLAIMER:  I have no affiliation with Atola whatsoever and do not own their devices so you will need to test their equipment appropriately.

Posted : 22/07/2022 5:36 pm
ChrisCDW reacted
UnallocatedClusters
(@unallocatedclusters)
Honorable Member

We do use Elcomsoft's System Recovery tool in the field:

https://www.elcomsoft.com/esr.html

At US $299.00 it is very cost effective.

To use Elcomsoft System Recovery, one must burn their provided ISO file to a USB drive.

One can bring 20 USB drives running ESR into the field and then boot each workstation being imaged to ESR.

Of course, being an Elcomsoft tool, ESR also has many other useful functions built in:

• Assign Administrator privileges to any user account
  • Enable and unlock the locked and disabled user accounts
  • Create forensic disk image for subsequent in-lab analysis
  • Change and reset passwords for any local accounts
  • List all local user accounts and highlight Administrator accounts
  • Look up account privileges
  • Detect accounts with empty passwords
  • Instantly recover certain passwords to special/system accounts (e.g. IUSR_, HelpAssistant, etc)
  • Backup and restore SAM/SYSTEM files
  • Optionally restore original SAM/SYSTEM files after successful logon with a new password

Posted : 22/07/2022 5:48 pm
ChrisCDW reacted
(@aquachimere)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @chriscdw

Hi All, looking for some recommendations for new onsite collection hardware. We're Currently using TD2U and TX1s. but looking for something that can handle more hard drives at once.

I have looked at the Logicube Falcon-Neo, but was wondering if other people have any other recommendations?

Thanks

I use Falcon Neo, it i s very very good product.. i love it..

Posted : 25/07/2022 12:34 pm
ChrisCDW reacted
mokosiy
(@mokosiy)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @chriscdw

Thanks

@chriscdw, if you happen to have any kind of questions regarding Atola TaskForce, please feel free to ask me either here or directly.

---

Thank you @unallocatedclusters for the recommendation!

Posted : 26/07/2022 5:33 am
Share: