Notifications
Clear all

Toshiba M.2 512GB

Carver
(@carver)

I am examining a home made computer and having difficulty with an M.2 storage device.  The main storage inside the home made computer was a Seagate 2TB HDD, however, I believe the operating system is on the M.2 as I've already completed the examination of the 2TB HDD without any difficulty. 

I removed the M.2 from the computer and placed it onto an M.2 to SATA adapter, which I then connected to a Logicube Falcon-NEO.  Under Drive information it displays "FAILED TO READ 0 BYTES".  When attempting to image it gives an error message, "ERROR: I/O Error on source!".  

Using a Tableau write blocker and a Sabrent USB 3.0 SATA hard drive flat docking station, I attempted to obtain an image via FTK Imager.  Unfortunately, when I insert the M.2 using the SATA adapter, the docking station light turns off, and there is no connection.  

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thank you,

Carver

Topic starter Posted : 14/01/2021 1:20 pm
Topic Tags
AmNe5iA
(@amne5ia)

What exact model is it?  It seems to me that you might be trying to use a SATA M.2 adapter to read a NVMe M.2 SSD.  SATA != NVMe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2021 12:27 pm
Carver
(@carver)

@amne5ia you are correct, it is NVMe.  I was able to use Paladin to obtain an image.  I will have to look for adapters specific to NVMe.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/01/2021 4:38 pm
AmNe5iA
(@amne5ia)

@carver I use a Tableau T7u

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/01/2021 5:07 pm
Share: