Notifications
Clear all

EnCase View Pane tabs disappear after some time

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@alantan)
Topic starter

Hi guys, i am facing an issue with using EnCase 8.08. When i open a case to work on, the tabs in the View Pane such as Fields, Report, Text, Hex, Doc, Transcript, Picture…etc are there for me to use. However, after some time later, all these tabs disappear, remaining only the Fields and Report tabs.

I tried the following but to no avail
1. Reinstalling EnCase, downgrade to 8.07 or 8.05
2. Changing the USB license dongle
3. Plugging the dongle into other USB ports
4. Changing my computer power management to not turn off USB when it goes to sleep

Searching on the internet has no such information. The workaround is to save the case, closed the program and reopening it to get back the tabs but this cycle will be repeated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted : 11/06/2019 7:21 am
(@hommy0)
Trusted Member

Hi,

When the tabs disappear, what does the title bar of EnCase say?

Normally it should show something like EnCase Forensic or EnCase EndPoint Investigator, however if this changes to EnCase Acquisition it will not be licensed hence why the view pane tabs may disappear. It sounds like you have tried changing the dongle or port, have you also tried re-installing the CodeMeter Control Centre?

Have your tried contacting OpenText Support to raise the issue?

Regards

Posted : 11/06/2019 8:23 am
(@alantan)
Topic starter

Hi,

When the tabs disappear, what does the title bar of EnCase say?

Normally it should show something like EnCase Forensic or EnCase EndPoint Investigator, however if this changes to EnCase Acquisition it will not be licensed hence why the view pane tabs may disappear. It sounds like you have tried changing the dongle or port, have you also tried re-installing the CodeMeter Control Centre?

Have your tried contacting OpenText Support to raise the issue?

Regards

Hello,

when the tabs disappear, the top left corner still shows EnCase Forensic. It is unlike the typical EnCase Acquisition when the dongle is remove. You mentioned something which i have not done, reinstall CodeMeter Control. I will try it out.

Thank you so much

Posted : 11/06/2019 9:29 am
(@alantan)
Topic starter

ok, i updated my CodeMeter Control Center to the latest version and it is still the same. guess i have to contact OpenText to ask for them to troubleshoot.

Posted : 12/06/2019 2:33 am
Share: