Clear all

FTK5 upgrade confidence poll

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@patrick4n6)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

AccessData has been advertising that FTK version 5 is out in a few months. If you're a current customer, will you be upgrading to 5 as soon as it comes out, or waiting to see feedback from others?

Please do not vote if you do not own FTK.

Posted : 30/03/2013 4:20 am
(@bithead)
Noble Member

How "immediately"? It will have to go through testing. There are questions about database migration that will have to be decided (as Oracle, while so far still supported, is not getting much if any love from AD). How much more will AD charge for maintenance?

There are a lot of questions.

Posted : 30/03/2013 10:06 am
(@patrick4n6)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

How much more will AD charge for maintenance?

Yearly support and maintenance will be going up. To be fair, it's been years since the rate went up, but it's going to be more than just the CPI.

Posted : 30/03/2013 8:08 pm
EricZimmerman
(@ericzimmerman)
Estimable Member

I've heard it will be at least a grand more but haven't seen anything definitive. Then again that may be the price for the full version vs. Maintenance

Posted : 31/03/2013 12:27 am
(@patrick4n6)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I've heard it will be at least a grand more but haven't seen anything definitive. Then again that may be the price for the full version vs. Maintenance

I'm pretty sure that's the difference in the purchase sticker price, not the mtx. Consider though that AD tends to peg MTX at about 25% of sticker, and that should give a rough price idea.

Posted : 31/03/2013 4:07 am
Share: