Sherloq (an open so...

Notifications
Clear all

Sherloq (an open source digital image forensic toolkit)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@guidobartoli80)
Topic starter

Hi to everybody,
I'd like to share with you a project that I privately started some time ago, but I lately resumed and open sourced on Github.

It's an educational tool for Digital Image Forensic with the aim of implementing state-of-the-art algorithms for detecting altered pictures, I called it Sherloq. My objective definitely is *not* to compete against commercial or professional software, but just provide the community an useful sandbox for trying out different approaches, taking inspiration from other excellent online tools like Forensically or FotoForensic.

The software is in early alpha stage and I continue adding and refining algorithms in my spare time, so I surely cannot schedule a release plan, but it would be really interesting (and useful for the community) if some other developer with experience in this field would partecipate in the development, since I (hopefully!) made it easily extensible with additional content.

However, what I already written is public and can be tried without any restrictions, the software is written in cross-platform Python and can be run with minimum effort, however I'm planning to release binaries or publish on pypi repository for even easier installation, so feel free to try it out on your PC.

You can find additional informations, screenshots and instructions in the Sherloq repository here.

If anyone find it useful and would like to give suggestions (or even better join development!), just drop me a line 😉 

Enjoy,
Cheers

Posted : 23/06/2020 8:39 pm
Share: