6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
noahb2868
(@noahb2868)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

All,
A client here at work was typing in an excel spreadsheet. She was inputting a number into a cell. As she typed the number, randomly generated text started typing in the cell. She was not doing anything other than typing a number in that cell. I have never seen anything like this. I ran an AV scan against her computer and the file, which was located on a network share and ran an AV scan against that.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this. I am including the text in case someone sees something they have seen before. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Noah

"go in and you will own one local entities that the N. U. and I don't like the new lifestyle and as it goes outside Tokyo is great stuff and then sell it at the end Mike Kinsley is now is that women want it and it starts off the listing away in an evening and insulted you if the late Ron Goldman and golden . In one goal " said new England she's working in excel in a losing season. A machine gun and let me know and women that you first see you in the AFC in the evening-long long long they'll argue it remotely into her machine you is going on these women do it the Indiana will paragraph statement is the minute they did not have gotten a great night she and the rights to it and get my Jarett was in London is an even more in -one and sheen and even making an ensign is a new ad that some new developments how it is and I are some things that sometimes it gets and the Internet and DeLuca and she DeLuca and Nancy Nancy where if that doesn't mean the DeLuca new dimension may have been very and two and one in my own Acob center in I'd known as typing on a limb and sell and buy does it doesn't make sense it's so weird what can you can keep hoping that someone are legitimate Valkos can see the city and no one can return to the new Roman reform and one was injured and bonds also be a long and then there's the mustangs your own schedule and should have done this already doing this so when someone is taking something of an install for CNN and PC chip if we're going to stay in U.S. having $11,111.00 also belong to the San Juan and Goldman is that on alternative care and that if I was down the things we wanted to thank them and have designs and Michael Ingle means the incident was not as anyone know how can you show it wasn't until later than a nickel (the system to U.S. in on one, was elected on a well known that went to London and in the business and is going on for an audience that allowed a goal and an announced candidate must have an end to the kitchen him in your own and the camera, and an and yet seen them and one that was recently that someone is 145 and the twins you must add an indication in your own in the Cambodian scene using 11811) you earlier that you mention and see if the options for all the excitement amendment to the extent of the nation as a goal and will inevitably and let them eat all the more you're back to Pullman thousand dollars and ten) you can even though the Naina center at home all $9.09 to 48 run ended an excellent me know if this was a victim and the company and the Internet-all in one and one of the windows and you consider the following day and sent me an error if you are seeing that all your program and all those limits its own defense and the PC business and in 1989 innings in the wins the new new new scene and when his and you cannot look like and you can we continue supplying analysis-racing island. They don't own my own and its debut Tuesday night . If in this in an open a very limited to repeat at one set new and then an innocent victim in eastern and any review and even in responding to the report to limit the stands and did you see things to me and an undeniable that the city and when we don't think the only one reason to believe that it's just the 155 billion 81 to have one year and have that one of the one thing as a mistrial , students and then known as the list and yet and the music to be done and you can isn't so only campaign and you're sick and using an end is going on for an earth is not the Suneel and then an excess Lioe and an ad is going on there is not the Suneel or Lioe, and the nexus Lioe and that's when the new OS and that it is<and I died on my solution-life by an end to it and you know what I'm planning to sell and the listeners and viewers Gonneville was selling interest in disgust and it doesn't make sense to us along but it's not just going online and having a hard landing site at halftime and) and Englis means that I want to learn that Jarett at all Krysti Gonneville said in a totally new and Krysti Krysti Gonneville said they don't get aggressive stand with green when I see nothing. He lived in and out of the Latino there, and the end of a man told me know what you and I deny me know I'm going to an end-run out of the bronco and on her head and I don't know anything you know of any size of round of Santa Ana to the top of the O.J. thing and then something no more. -one-and-younger than the 111-on in sense of continuity and Wendy and then when you just aren't 99 was always working, and they can be transmitted by PR man wants to know what's going to resist greedy this is going to decide how to his own pocket of Ron Goldman again of the O.J. trial of only 11858 era me, the latest and Indian rupees and released Indian rupees in the Mideast union into the use and an incident that incident when the single mothers Snitman and beginning to use an understanding of the Snitman just on our left out of business on the site and if you want to work for you yet its new Congress is sending cuts statement in this instance and we see on the table twenty and enough to get no one's own and handling) and that it is an end-twenty missile has been so the end goal and an linux when it went and will have an even a thing you pay off in more than an "

Posted : 07/10/2008 5:09 am
(@potatohead)

Interesting… the text looks bot generated (markov model, maybe? Every few words look like they fit together).

Do you have access to network captures?

Posted : 07/10/2008 5:21 am
noahb2868
(@noahb2868)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I am acquiring the server as we speak and getting the logs also.

Posted : 07/10/2008 5:24 am
4n6art
(@4n6art)
Reputable Member

By any chance was her Microsoft Speech toolbar turned on? I have seen this before where the MS Speech program gets turned on either in error or by an update (I think it is on by default) and the microphone on the laptop or the desktop picks up the radio or a tv or ambient conversation close to it and starts to display what it hears. Since there is a distance between the original source (radio… etc) and the microphone, the text does not make sense because the speech program has a problem interpreting what it thinks it hears.

Do a search on this issue - many have found this to the the ghost in their machines. No virii, no bugs, no bots…. just Micro$oft at its best 😉

Hope it helps!
-=Art=-

Posted : 07/10/2008 10:31 am
(@jeffcaplan)
Trusted Member

Sorry noahb2868, but you're chasing a red herring. This is a Microsoft Easter Egg. I had a link describing this exact scenario, but I can't find it at the moment. Instead, take a look at this and see if it helps.

Posted : 07/10/2008 8:48 pm
noahb2868
(@noahb2868)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the info….

Posted : 08/10/2008 3:51 am
Share: