Notifications
Clear all

New paper: Analysis of hidden data in the NTFS file system

30 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
Jamie
(@jamie)

Yeah, that is quite interesting. Presumably other site graphics are visible (e.g. site logo, avatars, etc.)? Can you see the image near the bottom in this article

http//www.forensicfocus.com/index.php?name=Content&pid=57&page=4

Jamie

Posted : 17/01/2006 7:17 am
(@bjgleas)
Estimable Member

I can see that image, and have been able to see everthing else at the site. When the three images on that paper wouldn't come up, I just figured it was a temporary glitch that would work itself out…

bj

Posted : 17/01/2006 7:27 am
Jamie
(@jamie)

Strange indeed. Not the end of the world, I guess, but I'd be interested in any other theories!

Jamie

Posted : 17/01/2006 7:35 am
(@bjgleas)
Estimable Member

Jamie

When I copy the URLs and put them into explorer directly,

http//www.forensicfocus.com/images/other/kai-wee-ntfs-hidden-data-fig1.gif
http//www.forensicfocus.com/images/other/kai-wee-ntfs-hidden-data-tab1.gif

The fig1 image shows up, but for tab1 I get your

"More than a billion websites, and you had to pick this one

File does not exist The URL that you requested, /images/other/kai-wee-ntfs-hidden-data-tab1.gif, could not be found. Perhaps you either mistyped the URL or we have a broken link."

That true for both IE and Netscape.

The only difference I can see is that the three graphics we can't access are called "tabx" instead of "figx". Can you copy and rename one of the tables "fig0" instead of "tab1"? Send me the link to it, and I'll see if I can access it.

bj

Posted : 17/01/2006 9:25 am
(@fatrabbit)
Estimable Member

Odd indeed. I had no problem viewing those images from my home computer but I can’t see them while using my military system either. Having said that if our firewall or router blocks any sites it tells you specifically, it doesn't just present a broken link like this is doing.

Posted : 17/01/2006 1:28 pm
Igor_Michailov
(@igor_michailov)
Honorable Member

I see

Posted : 17/01/2006 1:29 pm
Jamie
(@jamie)

Oh, hang on, I think I know what the problem is 😉

Jamie

Posted : 17/01/2006 4:23 pm
(@fatrabbit)
Estimable Member

What, you think the little guy in the picture has hidden the image file? He does look a little suspicious.

Or does the image not exist in the /images/other directory?

Posted : 17/01/2006 5:19 pm
Jamie
(@jamie)

OK, this little mystery should now be solved…

Originally I was going to add the tables as images but in the end just used HTML. However, I forgot to remove the IMG SRC statements I'd already included in the body of the text.

oops

I had assumed that those who stated they couldn't see the images were talking about ALL the images but I suspect they were seeing some (i.e. fig1.gif, fig2.gif, etc.) but not the "missing" table graphics.

I've now removed the superfluous IMG SRC lines, does everthing look good to everyone now?!!

Jamie

Posted : 17/01/2006 6:52 pm
(@bjgleas)
Estimable Member

That appears to have done the trick… So the stuff was there all along, we just thought there was something missing because of the broken links…

But it would still be nice to see this paper in PDF, or printer friendly format.

thanks,

bj

Posted : 17/01/2006 7:13 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: